Year of fitness ahead. Any plans from you guys?

Options
So I've read lots of these success stories and I thought, with the new year here it's time I shared my own.

My weight loss journey began last year around this time. I played a lot of sport anyway, but indulged a little too much in the post-game beers. Through sorting out my nutrition and hitting the gym hard I've managed to lose just shy of 50lbs (49 so far). Still a ways to go but im feeling very proud so far. I've dropped 2 jean sizes and now get the nickname "skinny" from people at work (im still 201lbs, nowhere near skinny, but it makes me smile ha-ha).

My real proudest achievement is my fitness. This time last year i could just about play a full game of hockey (with lots of walking involved for recovery). Now i feel confident enough to play a full game at full speed, and also, i've entered an Xrunner obstacle course in April and in May will be doing my first ToughMudder.

Still a way to go, but i thought id share.

So how about you guys, any plans for entering events this year?

Replies

• G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on the awesome work!

I registered for all 3 Xman races (similar to Spartan races). I've done one 2 years ago but I sucked... took me almost 5 hours to finish. So I'm racing again this year to see how far I've come. It also gives me goals to work towards in the gym. Must master pull-ups!!!

I'm also aiming to break the 200 lbs on my squat and deadlift by summer.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'm slated for at least five USAC sanctioned cycling races...couple time trials and a few endurance races. For the last few years I've primarily been riding in charity events and fun rides, but this year I have my Cat V license and am going to do some real racing.

Cutting right now to get to a better riding weight. I always put on 8-10 Lbs of "winter weight" which I always shed in the spring...so I need to cut that and probably an additional 5 Lbs or so by late spring.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    September 2013 I entered a Tough Mudder with little more that some steely grit. I made it through with quite a lot of help but could barely move the next day.

This March I've entered another similar obstacle race, and have long-term plans for a triathlon. I'm almost at the end of the c25k programme, although nowhere near running a 5k I can at least jog for 25 minutes straight which is a massive improvement on a few months back.

Like you, my focus is fitness. I'm switching from c25k to Stronglifts in a couple of weeks (yes, that upper body strength I'll need for the race will thank me) and who knows from there.

Oh, and I have a swing dance and circus festival at Easter. Last time I tried trapeze well......I could barely move and was covered in bruises (more so than the Tough Mudder).
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I've got a Tough Mudder May 22nd. Still so much to do to prepare. Petrified!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!