Carbs vs "Net" Carbs

Options
Hi Everyone!
I have been logging in my food, using a low carb, moderate fat, high protein plan.
MFP doesn't seem to convert the carbs to net carbs.... is there a way to do that? Or am I fine with just logging the food to hit my daily...35% carb, 25% fat 40 % protein...
Thanks!
-Jeff in NYC

Replies

• sault_girl
    sault_girl Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I haven't figured out how to do that, but I set mine up so that fibre is tracked alongside the carbs, then I can just do the math.
  • reisbaron
    reisbaron Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Same. I emailed support about a net carbs column so we don't have to manually calculate it. It's a huge step that they allowed macro tracking last year, so hopefully if there are enough requests they will implement the net carbs column. All people doing keto, paleo, iifym, carb backloading etc would love to have this feature. From a programming perspective I can't imagine it's very difficult.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    If you add "net carbs" to your search terms when adding food to your diary you can typically find net carb count entries in the database.

If you stick to net carb count food entries then you're essentially tracking only net carbs in your MFP food diary