need support for weight loss

Options
jimswife1984
jimswife1984 Posts: 10 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
My first week I did so good. This is the second week not doing no good. I need support with this. My husband and grandkids eat a lot of junk food. My will power this is week is awful. how does every one do it

Replies

• kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have gotten to the point where seeing the junk doesn't bother me anymore. I am able to eat a serving or two and be done with it. A trick that helps me is to prelog foods before I eat them. If you do that I'm certain it would help you a lot. Log the junk food and be accurate with the serving sizes. I'm sure you'll start to see what's worth the calories and what's not. Good luck on your goals.
  • palomino4545
    palomino4545 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If you do the shopping, don't buy that stuff, or keep it out of sight. I had a bag of M&Ms from Christmas, and as much as I'd like to sit there with it and eat the whole thing, it helped to have it up in the cupboard. Then i would log 1/4 cup as a snack. Its also helps to see those calories in your Diary. I had a donut on Sunday, and after i entered in all of my calories that day, i noticed Saturated Fat and Sugar were high for that day. Not too mention those 340 calories didn't make me full very long, when I could have had a whole meal for that, and been full longer. Also, i feel a lot better if i add in my exercise that day, your diary will let you eat a little more that day, or you can keep it as a deficit. Extra calories left over = weight loss. Also, if you have Fitbit or something that counts your steps. If you can walk 10,000 steps a day, you can lose 1 lb a week.