Microwaved Eggs? Share please!

Options
2»

Replies

• grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I do it all the time. Might add veggies, cheese, whatever. I might make an bacon (precooked bacon), egg or egg substitute, cheese breakfast sandwich. I especially like to use Southwestern Egg Beaters (or you can use real eggs) and add jack cheese, salsa, some guac for a South of the Border vibe.

If making a sandwich, I use a microwavable storage container about the size of bread. If an omelette, I might use a round container.

If you have a toaster, do as Lourdesong says and toast the bread. I also sometimes make a grilled cheese, bacon, and tomato sandwich with Toastabags. These things are great! They are like a teflon (or something) bag that you place in the toaster. They can be washed and reused many, many times. I make my grilled sandwich with a little butter spread on the outside like you would if you were grilling. I imagine you could spray with cooking spray, too, but I never have) or use nothing as videos show you. You put the sandwich in the bag and the bag in the toaster. It comes out just like a grilled sandwich. I do grilled cheese. Lunch meat and cheese. Anything you would usually grill. They say they also good for heating up leftovers that you want to stay crunchy and not get soggy like they might in a microwave.

A package comes with two reusable bags. About $5. I have now bought them twice. They just hang in the aisle at Kroger. Also available on Amazon, but more expensive that way.