Newbie at the gym!

Options
So yesterday was my first gym day!
My bf goes like 5 times a week so I figured I could join him since our schedules are close.
Never been to a gym, I'm 27 and here we go lol.
I just want to tone not lose really anymore weight, but I'm really excited to see results.
Yesterday was shoulders and biceps today was legs. Arg.
Thank god I have the weekend off to recover, and I starting my quitting smoking regime this week so that's in progress as well.
Only hard thing is I work at a brewery and we have to keep on top of trying all the new beers we brew and serve - so I have to try them so I can sell them. I've been trying to keep to small amounts (2-4 ounces) so it doesn't affect my progress.
But so far so good, and I have a great supportive workout buddy!
Can't wait to get my abs back!

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    A big first step. It's nice that you have a boyfriend who's a committed gym goer, as it can be a lot easier when you have someone to do things like this with you. Good luck! Both to your new fitness lifestyle and to quitting smoking!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was my first gym day!
    My bf goes like 5 times a week so I figured I could join him since our schedules are close.
    Never been to a gym, I'm 27 and here we go lol.
    I just want to tone not lose really anymore weight, but I'm really excited to see results.
    Yesterday was shoulders and biceps today was legs. Arg.
    Thank god I have the weekend off to recover, and I starting my quitting smoking regime this week so that's in progress as well.
    Only hard thing is I work at a brewery and we have to keep on top of trying all the new beers we brew and serve - so I have to try them so I can sell them. I've been trying to keep to small amounts (2-4 ounces) so it doesn't affect my progress.
    But so far so good, and I have a great supportive workout buddy!
    Can't wait to get my abs back!

Your life must truly be awful. Just awful. :grumble:

Lift weights, run, drink beer.

Oh, and good job on your first gym visit. Keep it going.
  • yogayug
    yogayug Posts: 15
    Options
    An enormous first stage. It's fantastic that you have a sweetheart who's a dedicated rec center goer, as it could be a mess simpler when you have somebody to do things like this with you. http://www.yogayug.com/rishikesh.html