Low energy while dieting

Options
Hello, wondering if there's a way to add to my diet to increase my energy while dieting. Protein makes up 35 of my daily macros, and carbs 40. I've been eating veggies mostly for other part. I want to feel more energetic while losing weight.

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    How drastically are you cutting calories?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Most days there isn't anything in your diary, but the few there are, you have about 400 calories from wine, which something I would reconsider to allow yourself to get my nutrients.

Have you had any blood test to check you vitamin D and iron levels?
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your logging and until the last two days, you seem consistent and you're not eating a super low calorie day so that is great. You might want to increase the amount of protein and be sure you're getting enough water. I always feel sluggish if those two are low. You could also try eating more times in the day - snacks in between meals that are satisfying. My snacks always have a bit of fat and a bit of protein. I feel full longer and have energy until my next meal.
  • mbcieslak87
    mbcieslak87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are lacking fat - vegetables can't make up the other part (besides protein and carbs), because the other macro is fat, which veggies have very little of (unless I misunderstood you post). Anyways, if you are low on fat, try adding some to your diet for energy. If I was just crazy and misunderstood your post, and you are getting plenty of fat, then try upping your cals a little baby bit, or cutting out some empty calories... I'm definitely not a teetotaler but if you're getting a significant amount of your calories from alcohol, you can try cutting back, especially during the week, so you can actually eat a little bit more. Basically just make small adjustments, one at a time, until you find what works best for you!
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Green tea is great for me. The caffeine is a nice kick and if you don't add anything to it you can drink as much as you want with no negative diet effects.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I would add vitamin B12 to the list of blood tests to get.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Try 20/20/60. That's the ticket!