Just started with Almased

Options
Hi,
I just started with Almased Powder replacing two meals a day and a well balanced dinner. Since the 1st of January I've lost 6 lbs. But I now notice some negative input on this site about Almased and other meal replacement shakes and it makes me wonder about my decision to try this.
Is there no positive input regarding these meal replacement shakes?

Replies

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    The question about meal replacements is, can you do them for the rest of your life? If it isn't lifetime sustainable, you'll eventually have to learn how to eat some other way, so the general advice is you might as well start learning that way now.
  • ammadove
    ammadove Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I see what you are pointing out and appreciate your input. Thank you
  • foreverfitforeverstrong60
    Options
    I've been wanting to start almased as well for a little while. I read woman's world all the time and to jump start your weight loss it says that it helps and there are great reviews. However, I grew up around health my whole life. I gained weight when I started nannying simply because I stopped excercising like I used to and ate a lot less healthy than I used to as well.
    I'm always on the go so I have always liked to have a meal replacement shake in the house just so I make a better choice when in in a rush. Almased seems all well and good if you want to jump start your weight. I personally think you can do it other ways instead of replacing your meals. I lost 27 pounds (gained it back-my fault) when all I did to jump start my weight loss was eat wicked healthy, whole foods only, cut out mostly dairy-the only dairy I had was feta every now and again, and I just kept switching it up monthly. One day I had snacked healthy through the day and didn't have meals because I was on the go. I think we can do without the shake. I'm sure you'll get hungry, grumpy, and want unhealthy food because your starving and want to chew something!! Hope that helped a little
  • cyndit1
    cyndit1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I use a different product but I like the convenience and also the quality of the nutrition I am getting in the shake as opposed to what i wasn't getting trying my old methods of dieting. Will I do the shakes forever, probably not 2 a day but will continue to have one a day because I enjoy them and for me it just fits my lifestyle choices.
  • LuLizard
    LuLizard Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey, i don't know if this is still active but I have used Alma on occasion and am currently using it twice a day, as I'm going on a cruise soon and I'm hoping it'll help me reach my for now goal. I think if you use to jump start your weightloss or to maintain here and there it's totally fine. Weightloss is a very personal affair and I know I need some motivation sometime, so I don't see an issue using Alma to ease yourself into a more healthy life style. I don't think you xan survive on it forever, simply because it really doesn't taste that good! I have tried other meal replacement shakes but they all give me an upset stomach and they don't keep me full, but Alma does what it says on the tin. That's just my opinion :)