How do you want to eat after you reach maintenance?

Options
13»

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I decided early on in my weight loss process to eat, think and move like a normal weight person. And to find foods and combinations that satisfy me in the correct portions for my calorie need. I kept my calorie deficit deliberately small. That made losing weight quite effortless. But it has the "downside" that in maintenance, I don't have much more to "play" with. I was a bit disappointed at first, the increase is almost an illusion. I still need to watch my portions. And it's not temporarily, either, like during weight loss. But that's the way it's going to be, and it's the same for everybody. I wont suffer, I'm getting what I need.

The difference is marginal, it just means that I don't weigh everything, just certain items. I don't use the food diary anymore, just the spreadsheet. I don't put the milk carton back in the fridge if there's a tablespoon left in it, I empty it into my glass. I use the same amount of rice, grains and pasta, because they can be weighed easily and accurately. I look for 4-packs of pork chops that come close to 1 kilo, but I don't weigh them separately, and I don't subtract the weight of the bones anymore. I can eat apples that are larger than "medium", without reducing on something else. I can have an occasional off-plan treat, but not every day.
  • LyiannaTameka
    LyiannaTameka Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I definitely do not believe this. I have eating issues/disordered eating & I eat anything from 300-800 calories daily (usually 500). Yes, I binge sometimes & purge (I'm tryna get better), but in general it's not very hard to maintain. The trick is to gradually increase calories maybe by 200 calories a week until you get to a healthy maintainance intake like 1400 maybe. Mind you, I don't really know what healthy is anymore.
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'll plan on eating the same. I started doing a high protein/low carb diet in the first month and decided it was wrong for me. So for the last 11 months for the most part, I have been aiming for healthier foods but still eat the delicious foods made of goodness.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on reducing my activity because it makes me feel awesome and I have some muscle goals. Food will be similar just somewhat bigger portions. A bit more wine, a little ice cream through the summer. I maintained within 5lbs up or down for a full year and a half before deciding to get rid of the last 20lbs so it shouldn't be too hard.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I definitely do not believe this. I have eating issues/disordered eating & I eat anything from 300-800 calories daily (usually 500). Yes, I binge sometimes & purge (I'm tryna get better), but in general it's not very hard to maintain. The trick is to gradually increase calories maybe by 200 calories a week until you get to a healthy maintainance intake like 1400 maybe. Mind you, I don't really know what healthy is anymore.

You really need help.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Very carefully