Lipedema

Options
I have a condition called Lipedema. Does anyone out there have this condition? If so, what are you doing about it other than following the recommended anti-inflammatory diet?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    WebMD has some additional suggestions: http://www.webmd.com/women/guide/lipedema-symptoms-treatment-causes

Are you exercising at all?

Have you discussed this with your doctor?
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I was told I have lymphedema. Basically, my legs are much bigger than the rest of my body. I have never received any treatment for the condition though. I have a lot of weight to lose so I am waiting to see what will happen as I lose more weight.
  • sdupadhye
    sdupadhye Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Rather late to the thread @OhMsDiva

Yes I have Lymphedema in both lower legs and I came looking for a thread like this. I did start treatment for it in 2012 but having Devil of a time loosing Lbs. So far I have lost about 8 Lbs and the needle is now stuck at 190 Like Krazy Glue. Let me know if you want to know your treatment Options.

The way I am told, you will loose weight with proper Exercise then it will plateau out. After that with proper Diet, you will start loosing again. You will have to be consistent with your Exercise.