Starving all the time!! Anyone else?

Options
2»

Replies

• bdt0831
    bdt0831 Posts: 28 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Arditarose I too Am 135 lbs but 5'5" tall. I do leg day twice a week. HEAVY. I feel like I need a wheel chair to exit the gym. At least 75 min. Arm day/upper body is 3 days a week. I do 2 days a week of cardio. But only on upper body days. I am noticing every week I can lift heavier and heavier. Especially my lower body. I incorporate hundreds of squats. Lunges. Box jumps. Mountain climbers in with leg day. But I try to hit 500 reps with weights on machines. I was at 1500 calories a day but I am hungry!! Hungry! I get 120-140 grams of protein daily. 100 oz water daily. No starches. No gluten or dairy because I have issues with that stuff. No sugar at all. I think I need to up my calories to 1900 because I lift so hard. I am the same way. If I want to drop fat and get lean I have to lift weights. I only do the cardio in between lift days and on upper body days and it's for an hour or more. I shoot for 600 calorie burn at least on 2 cardio days a week. My scale isn't BUDGING. pissing me off. Lol been at a plateau for 14 days straight. I have mixed things up. Incorporated hot yoga. New moves. HIIT 2 times a week. My body is just being stubborn. I was 119 when I got married 15 yrs ago. I have had ONE child since then and he is 13. I do not want baby weight from HIM for one more year. This is the year!!
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    When I lift heavy weights (like this am) I actually feel my metabolism rev up and I need to eat more fat and protein. I usually eat 6 meals a day with fat and protein at each meal. I have a protein/carb/fat before lifting (like protein/oatmeal pancake w/ nutbutter, and a protein shake after lifting. But I am on a weight loss plan, so I try to stick to the calories macro I need to loose .5 to 1 pound per week.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    bdt0831 wrote: »
    Arditarose I too Am 135 lbs but 5'5" tall. I do leg day twice a week. HEAVY. I feel like I need a wheel chair to exit the gym. At least 75 min. Arm day/upper body is 3 days a week. I do 2 days a week of cardio. But only on upper body days. I am noticing every week I can lift heavier and heavier. Especially my lower body. I incorporate hundreds of squats. Lunges. Box jumps. Mountain climbers in with leg day. But I try to hit 500 reps with weights on machines. I was at 1500 calories a day but I am hungry!! Hungry! I get 120-140 grams of protein daily. 100 oz water daily. No starches. No gluten or dairy because I have issues with that stuff. No sugar at all. I think I need to up my calories to 1900 because I lift so hard. I am the same way. If I want to drop fat and get lean I have to lift weights. I only do the cardio in between lift days and it's for an hour or more. I shoot for 600 calorie burn at least on 2 cardio days a week. My scale isn't BUDGING. pissing me off. Lol been at a plateau for 14 days straight. I have mixed things up. Incorporated hot yoga. New moves. HIIT 2 times a week. My body is just being stubborn. I was 119 when I got married 15 yrs ago. I have had ONE child since then and he is 13. I do not want baby weight from HIM for one more year. This is the year!!

Yeah, but remember...if you're in a deficit, you're not really building much muscle. You're maintaining. And you can maintain very well without a program with a crap ton of volume. When I cut I change my program because I CANNOT stay in a deficit and keep all the volume I have in maintenance or a bulk. I will die.

I had very good luck with 5x5 on my cut until a certain point when that became tough, which means it's time to cut to 3x5. Very little to zero accessory work.

Also, because we are relatively lean and light already...sometimes the scale just sucks. I tried so hard to drop to 125 but the scale wasn't moving. I thought I wasn't losing. But my progress pictures prove me wrong.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    When I was lifting I had to eat more. I didn't lose weight but I did get smaller. That's really what you want anyway.
  • bdt0831
    bdt0831 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That's EXACTLY what I am aiming for.