Anyone have very mild "pain" on right side, but find out it's just muscular?

Options
My urine isn't dark. I don't feel like vomiting, etc.

If I firmly press into my right side, it actually "hurts", similar to the "pain" felt when you get a deep tissue massage on very tight muscles. I'm talking more towards back area, between pelvis and rip cage I think.

One very noticeable thing is if I bend to my left side such as doing side stretching, while bending to the left, my right side feels like its stretching a lot, as if it's very tight there. But is it muscles stretching or perhaps the feeling of my "kidney stretching"?

Everything online says what I'm feeling could just about everything under the sun, which isn't very helpful.

It just so happens that I have gotten back into heavy squats just over the last couple weeks.

I felt this a few years ago, and doctor said that eventhough it feels like it's coming from a very certain area of my right side, it's actually just muscular....but it really feels like my kidney (or something inside my body), is full of stones or something.

Anyone ever feel similar and it turns out to be muscular? Or perhaps something more serious?

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    No one can diagnose you over the internet, I think the best course of action is to go see a doctor if it is painful and persistent.
  • drewlfitness
    drewlfitness Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. I am not looking to be diagnosed through the internet. My question was asking if anyone else has felt similar, and what their outcome was.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Muscle tension usually occurs on the neck, shoulders and along the spine on your back and should be pretty obvious if it's a really tight muscle. If it's not obvious that it's a "knotted" or tight muscle, than there's a good chance it's an injury of some sort.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I am feeling something similar!!! It is on my left side, kind of in the back where you describe. It bothers me when I recline on the couch too long, and feels better when I change position to "stretch out" that side. I am new to lifting and am just getting to the weight in squats that is challenging for me. In fact, last time I lifted I had to deload 5 pounds to finish. It feels muscular but I have not seen a doctor. It is very annoying and I wish it would go away.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I looked this up. For me it seems clearly to be a strain of the exterior abdominal obliques, caused by bad form on one of my lifts (maybe deadlift, I know the last ones I did had bad form). So yeah, seems muscular.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Happens to me all the time. Especially on bench press. If it doesn't get better in a few days it might be worth looking into but until then I wouldn't sweat it.