Gaining on clean eating!!

Options
124»

Replies

• Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Sodium, caffeine, stress etc can all add up extra water weight through the day. Maybe start weighing in first thing in the morning after you are well rested, and don't make it a daily habit, instead once a week, or even once a month. Just focus on your portions and you'll do great :)
  • Gingychild
    Gingychild Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sodium, caffeine, stress etc can all add up extra water weight through the day. Maybe start weighing in first thing in the morning after you are well rested :)

Haha..yeah stress is my middle name! Working full time at a med school, full time student and mother of two. I'm positive that's the MAIN reason I gained so much this past year. Trying my best now, to find my balance.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    There's been some fantastic advice in this post, you'll do great!
  • kieleebeth14
    kieleebeth14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cardio is great but strength training is beneficial too. Building muscle increases your metabolism. I did straight cardio and my weight loss was slow. Once I threw in strength training 1-2 times per week I've noticed a huge difference. I do RIPPED on Sunday mornings and Strength training on Monday evening. 40min elliptical trainer on Thursdays and 40min jog on treadmill on Saturdays. Highly recommend spicing up your exercise program, muscle confusion is bests. Just don't go crazy, you want to make sure your exercise schedule is something you can actually stay committed to. It seems that your eating super healthy maybe it's exercise you need focus on.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Cardio is great but strength training is beneficial too. Building muscle increases your metabolism. I did straight cardio and my weight loss was slow. Once I threw in strength training 1-2 times per week I've noticed a huge difference. I do RIPPED on Sunday mornings and Strength training on Monday evening. 40min elliptical trainer on Thursdays and 40min jog on treadmill on Saturdays. Highly recommend spicing up your exercise program, muscle confusion is bests. Just don't go crazy, you want to make sure your exercise schedule is something you can actually stay committed to. It seems that your eating super healthy maybe it's exercise you need focus on.

if you eat in a deficit you dont gain muscle, except for maybe a small amount of newbie gains that will taper off eventually(if you are getting back into lifting or are/were an athlete then you may see a little more) muscle is mainly built in a surplus. and there is no such thing as muscle confusion. your muscles work the same either way. you can work different muscles doing different things.but the longer you do a certain exercise the easier it gets to do because you build up strength. so you have to work harder the easier it gets because your muscles adapt. muscle confusion is just more broscience.
  • NikkiMichelleS
    NikkiMichelleS Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Just to chime in:
    Looking at your diary, you have grapes entered but they show 0 zero calories...that doesn't seem right. There is also "fruit shake" listed at 106-107 calories, which also seems quite low for fruit shake (I suppse it depends on exactly what goes in, but fruit can add up quickly in a shake!)

You've gotten a lot of great advice on here. Best wishes to you & hope it all sorts itself out, keep it up!
  • Mondoweft
    Mondoweft Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    For the volume measurements for liquids, many measurements including both cups and tablespoons can vary in volume depending on your location, so you are better off logging in millilitres.
  • _Figgzie_
    _Figgzie_ Posts: 3,506 Member
    Options
    you are simply eating more than you think and/or burning less than you think. Simple.
  • KudraM
    KudraM Posts: 73 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Gingychild wrote: »
    Hi there,

I eat only 1390 calories a day, and document every tiny ingredient and EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth...even a bite of an apple. I work out 3-4 times a week on the stationary bike for 45 min. I drink about a gallon of water a day.

Im wondering what your macros are set to and why you are not doing strength training. Weight can also fluctuate depending on salt/water intake and hormones (e.g., your period). In addition to MFP tracking, weighing myself daily (using apps like "Happy Scale" or "My Weight") has helped me to connect which foods are slowing down progress.

http://breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/why-steady-state-cardio-for-fat-loss-is-a-bad-decision