New to Keto

Hello everyone! Any advice for someone new to Low Carb/Keto? I started January 7 after being stuck at the same weight for a couple of months and have been attempting so stay low on carbs for 2 weeks, usually netting under 50. My diary is open! Thanks in advance! Also I lift 3 days a week! Down 6 lbs in 2 weeks.

Thanks!
Kacie

Replies

• lorilwayne2
    lorilwayne2 Posts: 33 Member
    Everyone needs all the help they can get add as a friend
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    I suggest you check out the mail low-carber forum group here on MFP. It's where of us Ketofiles hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Know that the weight loss will slow down, but don't get discouraged! Enjoy that whoosh effect. Join the low carb forum listed in the post above ^^ They are very supportive and helpful. Make sure this is something you can stick to long term, otherwise you will put back on the water you lost and it can kind of shock your body if that's done quickly! Just wanted to put that out there. I enjoy low carb, but moreso use it to balance my macros now since I'm a carboholic
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Cut the peanut butter to less than 1 TBSP.
  • pedroepaz
    pedroepaz Posts: 19 Member
    Make sure you keep the fat up, don't eat too much protein(1 gram per kg of body weight has worked well for me) , that has slowed me a few times (I'd say gluconeogenesis). Watch the sugar alcohols as there are a few that will cause insulin responses. And as previously mentioned, patience!