From "pear" to "hourglass" with HEAVY-LIFTING for Women!

Options
Beeps2011
Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
I am 44 years old - and dedicated my fitness to heavy-lifting (free weights) for the last 18 months. Before that, it was 25+ years of cardio, cardio, cardio.

I can say that the improvements that have been made over the last 18 months are, to me, UNBELIEVABLE. A true "pear", I aimed to become as close to an hourglass as I could, recognizing that I have zero boobs and I am unwilling to seek surgery.

I am 5'8.5" tall. I weighed in at 146 lbs, today.

I started taking "photos" and "measurements" on January 1, 2012 - 18 months ago. It's now June 29, 2013 - here are my photos and measurements:

Endof18Monthsslide1_zps5050e312.jpg

Endof18Monthsslide2_zpsf0391ef9.jpg

I still have 2" to shave off my hips and 0.5" to shave off my natural waist....I'm still not that "happy" with my lower body - but I do like my upper body.

EndofJune20139monthsposing_zps01c3e5e6.jpg

Remember, all things are possible! I have a full-time job. I have severe asthma. I have a husband and a family to take care of. But, above all else, I believe that I owe it to myself to take care of myself. First.

Here's to the next 18 months!!

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    Going to reduce pics - hang on....
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Holy *kitten* Thats some incredible work you put in!
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You look amazing Beeps!:)

How much cardio do you do now,with all your lifting?
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    OMG.I am so Darn Impressed!! ThIS HAS INSPIRED the heck out of ME!!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    damn!!!!!!! You look great!!
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your height and build is very similar to my own...I am not quite at goal and fight the same battle with my lower body. And you are right - here is to the next 18 months! It is exciting to see what we can accomplish, isn't it?
  • elvensnow
    elvensnow Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You look great! I was most impressed with the improvement of your hips! Seems like you have a lot less "jiggle" everywhere!

I would like to know - if you were tracking at all, about what calories a day were you averaging? Were you eating at maintenance or deficit? Just curious since I'm beginning my own strength training regimen.

Congrats, and good luck going forward :)
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I am 44 years old - and dedicated my fitness to heavy-lifting (free weights) for the last 18 months. Before that, it was 25+ years of cardio, cardio, cardio.

I can say that the improvements that have been made over the last 18 months are, to me, UNBELIEVABLE. A true "pear", I aimed to become as close to an hourglass as I could, recognizing that I have zero boobs and I am unwilling to seek surgery.

I am 5'8.5" tall. I weighed in at 146 lbs, today.

I started taking "photos" and "measurements" on January 1, 2012 - 18 months ago. It's now June 29, 2013 - here are my photos and measurements:

Endof18Monthsslide1_zps5050e312.jpg

Endof18Monthsslide2_zpsf0391ef9.jpg

I still have 2" to shave off my hips and 0.5" to shave off my natural waist....I'm still not that "happy" with my lower body - but I do like my upper body.

EndofJune20139monthsposing_zps01c3e5e6.jpg

Remember, all things are possible! I have a full-time job. I have severe asthma. I have a husband and a family to take care of. But, above all else, I believe that I owe it to myself to take care of myself. First.

Here's to the next 18 months!!

Congratulations for what you have achieved over the past 18 months. Now tell that to all those mothers on here who seem to feel guilty taking one hour out of their day to do what you have done.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! And you're great proof that there isn't a "better" body shape than another - you have a strong, fit, pear-shaped body and it looks phenomenal.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Yay, Beeps! You've changed your body a great deal in those 18 months--your dedication and hard work is obvious. Congratulations, you look great! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!!!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I am a pear too and I love what lifting has done to my upper body......well except the magical disappearing boobs.

You look awesome dear ;)
  • coffee4me57
    coffee4me57 Posts: 195
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Very inspiring!
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You look amazing :) keep it up
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Girl, you're not even an hourglass - you are lean and mean! Amazing job and so inspirational. :)
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Nice transformation! Very inspiring, thanks!
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    So what free weights/exercises did you do for natural waist/belly button/hips/thighs?
  • lorreh06
    lorreh06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your transformation, hard work and diligence…….you certainly have earned that awesome inspiring body…….Keep going and inspiring the rest of 40+ women……:-)
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Well done!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!