Exercise calories

Options
sspvegeta
sspvegeta Posts: 13 Member
Hey I have been trying to put in my exercise for the day. I work and do a lot of cleaning as my job. I selected cleaning. I work 8 hours so I converted it to minutes and the calories were 3000! I doubt that is accurate? I tried standing, biking etc and all give very high number of calories.

Replies

• DiviturLabimur
    DiviturLabimur Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    What you should do is change your profile to accommodate for your lifestyle. If you picked sedentary then you should change it to something more active. This way your Daily cleaning is already considered as part of the calories you are burning and you wouldn't have to add those in separately. Then just make sure you stay within those calories and you're good to go. Feel free to add me if you like
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    chrs944 wrote: »
    What you should do is change your profile to accommodate for your lifestyle. If you picked sedentary then you should change it to something more active. This way your Daily cleaning is already considered as part of the calories you are burning and you wouldn't have to add those in separately. Then just make sure you stay within those calories and you're good to go. Feel free to add me if you like

^^ This.

Choosing a greater activity level adds an additional percentage of Calories based on your daily activities so you don't have to micromanage adding daily work and home chores.

Just for information, here is a breakdown of what percentage is added to your BMR (basal metabolic rate) for each activity level.

Sedentary - Spend most of the day sitting (e.g. bank teller, desk job); or little or no exercise: BMR x 1.2

Lightly Active - Spend a good part of the day on your feet (e.g. teacher, salesperson); or light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week: BMR x 1.375

Active - Spend a good part of the day doing some physical activity (e.g. food server, postal delivery worker); or moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week: BMR x 1.55

Very Active - Spend most of the day doing heavy physical activity (e.g. bike messenger, carpenter); or hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week: BMR x 1.725