Options
2»

Replies

• ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    glosh64 wrote: »
    Not sure what I just did, trying to reply to one person, so will do it altogether until I get used to this.

Thank you for all your replies :)
    Maybe I am expecting way too much of myself, I'm not training but I am drinking my daily allowances and more some days, to the point, I may as well move into the bathroom lol.
    Im 5ft tall and weigh 10st 7, so I have around 18lb to lose but then I think that will take me another 18 weeks to lose, that's when being inpatient kicks in and I just want to run the shop for the nearest chocolate cake lol, but I promise I'll not do that.

Wait. Drinking your daily allowances? Can you clarify this?
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    It gets harder the lighter you are. Burning calories is a lot easier (and faster) when you're 200lbs vs 150 lbs. so if you are doing the same things you did last year you can't expect the same results.
    1lb a week is good for your weight
  • glosh64
    glosh64 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    glosh64 wrote: »
    Not sure what I just did, trying to reply to one person, so will do it altogether until I get used to this.

Thank you for all your replies :)
    Maybe I am expecting way too much of myself, I'm not training but I am drinking my daily allowances and more some days, to the point, I may as well move into the bathroom lol.
    Im 5ft tall and weigh 10st 7, so I have around 18lb to lose but then I think that will take me another 18 weeks to lose, that's when being inpatient kicks in and I just want to run the shop for the nearest chocolate cake lol, but I promise I'll not do that.

Wait. Drinking your daily allowances? Can you clarify this?

I always make sure to drink 6 to 8 pints a day, sorry I didn't explain better.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    Options
    If you have less than 20 lbs to lose, 1 lb or .5 lb a week is a reasonable, healthy rate of loss. Be patient.

• Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    fireguy262 wrote: »
    In EMS, they say treat the patient, not the monitor....in weightloss, its look at the person, not the scale. A pound a week is good, 5 inches in 2 weeks is great. The number on the scale might not go down but they way you feel and look will change

Hello from a 20-year paramedic! This made me chuckle.
  • glosh64
    glosh64 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yay a very happy bunny that I've been patient, 9lb and 17ins gone :) only another 11lb to go :)