50 pounds by 40th birthday

Options
Hi! I started back at this 2.5 weeks ago and have never used the community section before. I have been very overweight most of my adult life. I typically go up and down the same 20 pounds almost annually. I have about 80-90 pounds to lose and will be 40 this summer. I decided I need to make a big change before the big 4-0. My goal is to lose 50 pounds by July 16.

Replies

• ravensdiet15
    ravensdiet15 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I want to lose that and more by July for the big 4-0 also!!
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Do you have a plan? You need a plan to meet this goal.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    That's 10lbs a month...don't know your stats so I'm not sure how reasonable that is for you but having a goal is always the best start...like Nachise said, you do need a plan!
    My daughter's b-day is July 16 too.
  • Amya2998
    Amya2998 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My general plan is eat less, move more. More specifically, I have been tracking all food and am trying to make healthier choices. MFP says 1650 daily calories for 1-2 pounds of weight loss per week. I have also started c25k this week. Also, I am 5'9", starting weight 254.4, current weight 243.
  • monica_reinert
    monica_reinert Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I just rejoined MFP after a couple of years. I would like to loose about 50lbs due to having 3 family wedding in the summer. Feel free to add me as a friend. I have an open Diary.
  • coleyjay86
    coleyjay86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a similar goal- lose 45lb by my 30th birthday (September) although I have set up a plan to lose 1.5lbs/ week for 30 weeks taking me up to mid August. Other than my birthday I have 2 weddings and a holiday planned for the Autumn so I have lots of things to keep me motivated! :) similarly to the op, my weight seems to fluctuate, although I have recently reached an all time high (likely due to moving from an active job to a sedentary one) which has made me want to do something about it! :)
  • sam242527
    sam242527 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm also 40 this summer and would love to lose 60lbs by then. Think I've left it a bit late for that amount but would be happy with 50lbs. Just need to stay motivated this time :)