Getting a little frustrated...

2»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    I would weigh everyday and record your numbers on trendweight or happy scales etc

If you're weighing in once a week how do you know that you're not happening to weigh on a "heavy day"? Eg water retention, high sodium the day before etc etc
    I can guarantee that my weight will up by 1 or so kgs tomorrow morning because I've gone way over my sodium today. If tomorrow was the only weigh day of the week I'd be super bummed because it would look like I'd gained 1-2kgs. But because I weighed today and yesterday, I know it would be impossible to gain that much over night.

TL;DR weigh daily :smile:
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    I would weigh everyday and record your numbers on trendweight or happy scales etc

If you're weighing in once a week how do you know that you're not happening to weigh on a "heavy day"? Eg water retention, high sodium the day before etc etc
    I can guarantee that my weight will up by 1 or so kgs tomorrow morning because I've gone way over my sodium today. If tomorrow was the only weigh day of the week I'd be super bummed because it would look like I'd gained 1-2kgs. But because I weighed today and yesterday, I know it would be impossible to gain that much over night.

That is a REALLY good reason to use trend weight or similar.

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    elaineamj wrote: »

That is a REALLY good reason to use trend weight or similar.

I also recommend using a charting tool. I recorded my weight every day, and my TrendWeight chart shows that it could appear that I wasn't losing weight for 10, 15, or even 20 days if I happened to weigh only every week or two. However, the trendline shows that over time, I was losing on average one pound per week.

j6xcilwdbr2y.jpg
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    good idea I will def check into that! thank you!
  • lml852014
    Just downloaded happy scale and stepped on the scale this morning, wasnt the happiest that it was up by .8 of a lb but I guess this is why I need this app :)
  • lml852014
    stacynoell wrote: »
    I weigh 182 and I eat 1500 calories a day so you might want to check that..join a new fitness challenge, like bootcamp or crossfit...you may need to mix it up bc you are so close...

How much are you trying to lose a per week? MFP told me at my weight and height to lose .5 lb a week I would need to eat a deficit of 1600 and to lose a lb a week 1350.