Chipotle Chicken and Avacado Salad

Options
JarrodStowe
JarrodStowe Posts: 20 Member
Looking for a high protein, low carb/calorie, healthy fat meal that's also delicious?

Here's my go to boneless skinless breast marinade: this recipe is very versatile, it can be used in salads, quesadillas, tacos, or ala carte.

In a food processor combine:

4 cloves garlic
2 limes juiced
1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
Kosher Salt (up to 1T depending on your sodium intake)
1/2 t black pepper
1-2 chipotle peppers in Adobo (from the can)

Puree to make a marinade. Makes enough for 1-3 lbs of chicken breasts. Put chicken in a 1 gallon ziplock bag and marinate 6-24 hrs. I like to cut the breasts into strips so more surface space touches the marinade. Afterwords you can saute or grill the chicken. Grilling adds extra flavor....obviously....and pairs better than sauteeing, although both are good.

For the Salad:

1-2 Avacado cubed
Head of lettuce (you can use whatever you like, mixed artisan, red leaf, romaine, etc.)
1/2-1 C corn (you can grill the corn too if you'd like)
1/2-1C black beans, drained/rinsed
Small chunk of queso fresca crumbled (optional....I suppose you could sub cottage cheese if you're weird and ultra healthy)

Thinly chop salad as you would for coleslaw. Chop chicken into desired size. Combine all ingredients and toss.

If you want to add salad dressing you can.....the salad is a little dry without it but when you're eating healthy we all suffer this. If you want or can afford to spare the calories on salad dressing Caesar, Ranch, and even Honey Dijon all work well with this recipe.....heck even a raspberry vinegar would probably my do.

If you want a low fat Ranch that's home made try this:

1/4 C buttermilk
1/4 C low fat sour cream
1/4 C low fat mayo
2 T red wine vinegar
Salt to taste
Black pepper
1 t dill
1/4 t onion powder
1/8 t garlic powder
1/4 t parsley
(You can use fresh minced scallions and/or garlic as a replacement for the onion powder and garlic powder)

If you want more protein simply eat more chicken with the salad, if you want less fat reduce the Avacado.

:)

Replies

• instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    This looks really tasty. I always have all of these things on hand, too. I think I'll be giving it a try. Thanks for sharing!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • Wendy77685
    Wendy77685 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Small chunk of queso fresca crumbled (optional....I suppose you could sub cottage cheese if you're weird and ultra healthy)

This made me chuckle. Thanks for sharing, this sounds amazing!