Lifting, Cardio, Macro Tracking but Gaining? Help me pinpoint the issue?

Options
Good Morning Forum,
I'm hoping another set of eyes can help me see the reason why my scale has been spiking instead of decreasing lately. As an overview, I am lifting using Jim Stoppani's HIIT100 plan, in addition to doing cardio 5x a week (burning around 350 calories each session). I have my macros calculated using Jim Stoppani's formula as well as online guides, I've tweaked them per my needs, however the scale keeps climbing and I'm not getting any leaner across my weekly process pictures. My carbs aren't step astronomically high (less that 1g per body weight on training days) and they are less on off/rest days. I am aware that sometimes when starting a new plan your body can gain a little bit of weight before you start to drop because of the micro tears within your muscles & fluid retention however, I'm not new to fitness/lifting so I'm unsure if this is the case or there's something I'm missing. I don't binge and try to reach my macros using healthy foods. I've gained almost 10lbs over the past month, and it's starting to becoming incredible defeating because I feel like I'm doing all the right things. I don't take supplements like a pre-workout, etc. Is there anyone out there who can help me pinpoint what I might be missing?

Replies