Broccoli ideas? How to make it not... gross?

Options
2»

Replies

• errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I like to pretend I'm a dinosaur and it's little trees. RAWR!! :D
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    If it's soggy when you cook it, you're doing it wrong.

Broccoli cheese soup is delicious, btw :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i cut off the heads.
    i eat the stalks
    bf eats the tree
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Rhett and Link want you to eat broccoli:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMnysICkKJY
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Nell8i8 wrote: »
    Garlic roasted Broccoli. Wash the broccoli and dry it really well I find that it roasts better in the oven when it's well dried. Toss the broccoli with olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper. Spread them on a baking sheet and roast in overn(about 400 degrees) for 15 minutes turning them them over on their other side about half way. Squeeze lemon on them and enjoy! Quick and easy!

In honor of this thread, I just made this for dinner. Yummy as usual. I finished it with bit of grated parmesan.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Garlic roasted broccoli, or one of my favorites: low calorie broccoli slaw.
    Greek yogurt, stevia, 1-2tbsp of SF syrup, onion powder, garlic powder, apple cider vinegar, pepper, lemon juice, maybe some hot sauce or spices if you like some heat. Toss broccoli in dressing and allow to marinate or set in fridge for a couple hours. Delicious
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    If you're stuck this http://mobile.eatingwell.com/recipes/broccoli_cannellini_bean_cheddar_soup.html soup is so good. We can't eat it anymore because of bean sensitivities but it's amazing.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I've been sauteing it in a little bit of Trader Joe's garlic olive oil and balsamic vinegar. It turns out I like broccoli after all.

What people said about roasting it works, too. I like to roast it with red onion and garlic to give it a little oomph.