New, 122 pounds to lose, vegan, need some advice :)

Options
2»

Replies

• Teele86
    Teele86 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Nuts and avocados are so healthy for you, don't cut down on them instead build them into your plan. Keep a treat in your calories specifically for before bed. Then your not binging your following a plan! To get the benefits of raw you can aim for 80% and it still works. So even if you eat meat as long as your meal is 80% raw eg a lean chicken breast over a raw salad. If you give yourself a month of following a healthy eating plan youll be surprised at what foods you wont even feel like eating afterwards. And if you cant find you can leave some unhealthy foods behind work them off! I LOVE Mccafe Orange and Poppy Seed Mufins they are low fat but high in sugar. Before MFP Id have on three times a week sometimes more! Now I have them once a week and make sure that day I work them off. Nothing kills and obsession better than having to work off the calories for something! Good luck and try to keep the fun in it.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Not a vegan but, if you can fit food into your calorie goals you can eat veggie burgers, chocolate, chips, crisps, just in single serving sizes or smaller servings. I find I have no reason to binge since I fit things into my day when I want them.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    There's a great blog - fatfreevegankitchen.com. She makes vegan taste like "real" food. I made her vegan scalloped potatoes and they tasted almost exactly like my homemade ones with lots of cheese. She also has a burger recipe, lentil mushroom burgers, that taste beefy. I think you could find a lot of really healthy recipes on this site that would make you feel like you were cheating but would be made with whole foods and keep you within your calorie goals. Feel free to add me. I'm not vegan but my son's girlfriend is and I cook a lot of vegan items for her and I love experimenting with new recipes.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I was a very fat vegan because I ate huge portions of calorie dense foods regularly. I lost that weight as a vegetarian (switched for non-diet related reasons) by just doing the "if it fits your macros" approach. Eat whatever you want, just eat less of it. As long as you have calories and room in your macros left, eat whatever it is your considering. If you don't, exercise until you do. If you don't want to exercise to eat the crisps (or whatever), you clearly don't want them that badly and can put them down. I no longer have an issue with binging because I haven't been denied anything.