When do I adjust how much to lose?

Options
I've been on mfp for a long time but I started losing weight again and I'm doing lose 2lbs a week. Im a 30 year old female, started at 240lbs in October and now I'm at 211 as of today. At which point in time would I adjust my lbs to lose per week to 1.5lbs? Sorry just wondering if I should be doing it soon or if I can keep it at 2lbs for awhile yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    keep weight loss under 1% of your bodyweight per week. You could stay at 2lb/week for a few more weeks if you wanted, or you can switch to 1.5lb/week (or 1.6, or 1.7, or ...) now if you wanted. There is no right answer really. As an example, I switched to losing 1lb/week at 176-177lb, which is far away from the 1%/week rate and wasn't decided by an upper limit, but by what I wanted to do.
  • yomomma2b
    yomomma2b Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ok that makes sense. Thank you. :)
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    The other thing to factor in is as your weight goes down, so does your base calories count goal. I reduced my lbs/week more because I didn't want to bring my calorie count that low.
  • yomomma2b
    yomomma2b Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    As yes. At this point it's not very often I want to go over the calores set. I drink lots of water so the urge to snack usually goes away. I'm ok with the calorie count going down. It's only going down by 10 cals everytime I update it. Lol. Once it gets to 1250-1300 I think that's when I might switch to 1.5 lbs. Cause I don't want to eat less then that everyday. Lol. Thanks for the tip that is definitely something I'll be factoring in when the time comes. :smiley:
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 1 lb/week all the way along. Its been wonderful; I can tell the difference every month, but I dont' struggle with hunger.

Nov 2014: 270
    Jan 2016: 199
  • makaryan11
    makaryan11 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am 33, weigh 180 and want to lose 15 more pounds, been eating at 1270 for 3 weeks now to lose 2 lb a week, I felt like it was getting too hard, so switched to 1.5 lb a week so I don't quite, I want to take it easy but keep it up, so it's totally up to you,
  • MsLindaC2015
    MsLindaC2015 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what to do with this. I had put my goal in to lose 1/2 pound per week and wondering if I should change it to one pound per week, So, this would change my daily calorie limit...or would it, since I am on 1200 now?
  • makaryan11
    makaryan11 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what to do with this. I had put my goal in to lose 1/2 pound per week and wondering if I should change it to one pound per week, So, this would change my daily calorie limit...or would it, since I am on 1200 now?

I think it doesn't go below 1200,