I won't be trying to lose weight the next 9 months.....

Options
So I won't be trying to lose weight for the next 9 months............yep! We are gonna be having another baby in March 2014!!! I'm excited, but wished I had gotten a bit smaller before it happened. Hoping to maintain a decent weight throughout the pregnancy. Anyone have any exercises that are okay to do while pregnant to help with not gaining a ton of weight! I know eat healthy is a key but my cravings so far haven't been on the healthy side :/ And what about calorie intake?? Anyone know anything about this? i'm 5'2'' and 179-183lbs (depending on the day)

Replies

• TheresaTester
    TheresaTester Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm the same height as you. I got really fat with my first pregnancy and made sure it didn't happen again with the second one. I just walked every day and I did the Weight Watchers pregnancy plan so can't tell you how many calories. This was 17 years ago though! I actually lost weight during the pregnancy and only put on baby weight. My doctor watched me and was blown away with how well I did.
  • Alaskachild123
    Options
    Congrats! I know swimming can be great while pregnant and many places offer pre and post natal swim classes geared directly towards your needs
  • MadelineGraceG
    MadelineGraceG Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 months along now, and overweight. I've heard lots of good things about swimming to lose or maintain weight while preggo. I've lost 10-ish lbs during these 4 months just trying to be more active, but not strain. (And the hubby is putting up a pool this week!) I also hear that you need more nutrients, but not necessarily more calories when preggo. Just food for thought. Congrats!