Help I've been stuck at my plateau for years

Options
fmlcupid
fmlcupid Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hey guys,

Have been struggling to lose the last 15lbs for literally years now. I yoyo them off and on and cant seem to make it stick! I need motivation not more diets. I train hard cycle run and eat around 1700-2200 calories most says and 1300-1500 others. Only time I can lose the weight is when I remove fruit or cut down to 1300 calories permanently. I feel a bit cursed and could use more support knowledge and what did you do? Oh and friends would be awesome.

I am 34 year old female 67 kilos (148lbs), want to be around 60 (130lbs). 5'6 medium build. This is a healthy weight goal. What did you do to get there?

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Log consistently, weigh your portions.

If you're not losing weight, you're not in a deficit. Try just following the goal MFP gives you for .5 lbs/week (you don't want an aggressive goal and you don't have much to lose). Follow that amount and eat back at least a portion of your exercise calories.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    If you're not consistent EVERY TIME, it's not a plateau. Plateau's are rare. Lack of inconsistency is what stalls weight loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I could have written your post. I finally got serious that being 20# higher than my desired weight wasn't going to cut it. I've spent the last 6 months on here at 1200 calories and have 3# to go. Just do the logging, do the counting, stay at your calorie count and be prepared for slips. 20 pounds or 200 pounds, it's the same process. You can do this, and it'll be hard to lose, and harder to maintain.