Bronchitis and a dislocated rib, too.

Options
So frustrated!!! I went to the doctor last night with severe chest pain. I found out that the sinus infection in November which turned into a chest infection in December is now full on bronchitis. Not only am I on my third round of antibiotics, I also found out that the chest pain was caused by a dislocated rib. I don't even know how I did it.

My usual fitness routine includes running 25 - 30 miles per week, swimming around half a mile a couple times per week, two or three yoga classes, and two or three weight training workouts. Now I can't do any of those....what am I supposed to do to stay active (i.e. not just walking) until the bronchitis is gone and rib is healed?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Walk fast up hills. Ask your doctor? You are ill and injured, both of which happen to lots of people, including elite athletes. You have to give the body a few weeks to heal, right, so you can keep doing the things you love.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I had bronchitis in December. Took three weeks off. I have exercise induced coughs when I do a hard leg session. I won't even run...stairclimber for a bit. Let your lungs recover. I still need a inhaler at times.
    You don't want to end up with phnemonia.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I had bronchitis in November and took about 2.5 - 3 weeks off to get well...I felt that avoiding pneumonia was probably more important than missing a few weeks worth of workouts. Get well and then get back at it...*kitten* happens...it's pretty irrelevant to your life as a whole.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Rest. I'm pretty sure you're doctor told you the same thing.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Pump Iron! No-brainer. ;)
  • looney9708
    looney9708 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    In sorry. That stinks but take it easy so you don't hurt yourself. You need to give your body rest so you can get better