Zwift cycling

Options
After multiple ankle related injuries in the last 12 months which put me out of far too many events, I was persuaded (nagged!) into trying Zwift.

Absolutely brilliant! :D

Admittedly, I have what appears to be their biggest supporter driving me on and helping, but I'm so glad to have been introduced to it!

The short version, for those who are unfamiliar with it, is essentially a cycling 'game'.

Set your bike up on a turbo trainer, HR, speed and cadence reader, download the free trial, and start pedaling! You bike around a variety of courses, and have the option to choose which direction. Harder work getting up hills, and faster down them. If you have a 'smart' turbo this will chance the resistance as you go up the hill. You can 'draft' as you would when out with a group, and have virtual riders to draft too, rather than another 'player'. Use your gears as you would usually, and prepare to get addicted and highly competitive!

Very social, various FB groups, races and challenges.

Replies

• L_Master
    L_Master Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Yea, Zwift is really nice. It's fantastic in group ride/racing scenarios, almost to the point I begin to forget I'm inside, and a definite notch up even for just regular training sessions.

Now if only the LT I have to run it on was new enough to do better than the scintillating 1-2 fps I get ;(
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I just completed my first Zwift ride today and loved it!
  • L_Master
    L_Master Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Awesome, it's pretty engaging!