how do i add pictures from my phone?

Options
mkakids
mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
I'm tech illiterate, lol. How do I add a picture to MFP (to a thread), from my phone?

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Use the camera icon. Hint it only works in a Web browser. I don't see it in the app.

5598da09hywk.png
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
  • mkakids
    Options
    That would be the issue then....I only use the ap!

Thanks
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    I'm tech illiterate, lol. How do I add a picture to MFP (to a thread), from my phone?

If you use MFP on an Android phone, you can't - MFP and Vanilla Forums can't figure out how to get it to work with the current version of the Android operating system. If you are using an iOS phone, you can.
  • CyberTone
    edited January 2016
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »

If you use MFP on an Android phone, you can't - MFP and Vanilla Forums can't figure out how to get it to work with the current version of the Android operating system. If you are using an iOS phone, you can.

Well, this question prompted me to test adding a file using the Chrome browser on my Android phone. It can be done!

Open MFP in your Android's Chrome browser by choosing "Request desktop site" to force the Web version to open instead of the mobile version. Then use the attach file icon and browse to where your picture is stored on your phone.

5yoq725o8kgn.png

• mkakids
    Options

Well, this question prompted me to test adding a file using the Chrome browser on my Android phone. It can be done!

Open MFP in your Android's Chrome browser by choosing "Request desktop site" to force the Web version to open instead of the mobile version. Then use the attach file icon and browse to where your picture is stored on your phone.

5yoq725o8kgn.png

i appreciate the time you took....but honestly....i have no idea how to do that, lol.

• CyberTone
    Options
    <<snip>>

i appreciate the time you took....but honestly....i have no idea how to do that, lol.

In all seriousness, if you have any teenagers around, just show them this thread and I bet they will figure it out and be able to show you. Good luck!
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I do it from the app. I just hit the camera and then hit it again, it'll ask if you want to
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Damn phone lol ask you if you want to access your camera roll
  • mkakids
    Options
    cessi0909 wrote: »
    I do it from the app. I just hit the camera and then hit it again, it'll ask if you want to

Im on andriod. There is no camera icon @cessi0909
  • mkakids
    Options
    <<snip>>

In all seriousness, if you have any teenagers around, just show them this thread and I bet they will figure it out and be able to show you. Good luck!

Probably my best bet, lol! Thanks!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    cessi0909 wrote: »

Im on andriod. There is no camera icon @cessi0909

Yeah, I didn't have a camera icon on my Android either. Then I did a hardware update and it reappeared. If you want to post pics, just switch to desktop view on your phone.