how do you cut sugar from your diet?

Options
appygirl84
appygirl84 Posts: 105 Member
I always go over my daily goal for sugar. Sometimes I shrug it off, I figure if it is sugar from fruit and vegetables it is better than sugar from ice cream or cookies. Raw calories versus processed.... But I really go over my sugar goal.

Do y'all have any special tips or tricks for cutting down on the sugar demon?

Replies

• coffee_fiend
    coffee_fiend Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Unless you have health problems that say otherwise (and aren't eating ten bags of gummy worms a day!) going over the sugar intake is not an issue! :) Especially if it's natural!
  • bianca10lima
    Options
    I thik, we women, have the tendency eat to much sugar... And probably sugar from fruits and juices that aren't industrializated should be better than others... I think don't have magic... we Should have willpower, and stop eat things that have sugar... Look easy, but isn't... But Is the only way that I konow to face that kind of damons of an diet... I'm telling you that couse' I have that problem too... And was terrible for me stop with that kind of food... =/
    changing food habits is the solution! ;D
    I hope could give you some 'north' to face that... =)
  • appygirl84
    Options
    I would love to eat 10 bags of gummy worms a day, but I think I would get sick. lol

I am slowly, but surely changing the habits. =) I also try to avoid splenda and things like that, I think they make me crave sugar more.
  • gamerkiwi
    gamerkiwi Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Switch to stevia as a sweetener. Failing that, use a sucralose sweetener like splenda. (I think the drops are more cost efficient than the powders, but are a lot more concentrated)

Also sugar is sugar, it doesn't matter if it's from an orange, or from orange flavored soda. Once you've met your vitamin needs and fiber needs, fruit starts being as bad for you as a piece of candy.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    There is no way I would want to cut out sugar. Maybe make sure you bake with raw sugar instead of refined white sugar, but natural sugar from fruit, for instance, not a problem. It's on my calorie tracker but I don't pay any attention to it.
  • tjham1
    tjham1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I removed the sugar counter from my view. It was driving me crazy. I eat lots of natural fruit. I also use Sweet n Low, Splenda, Stevia, whatever is handy and I don't have any unusual sugar cravings.
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you're eating! If it's a lot of baked or processed foods, just cut those. If it's just a little fruit, I wouldnt' worry about it.

There is hidden sugar in a lot of processed stuff, though, particularly anything 'low fat'.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I don't. What I do is set a 30% protein target and try to meet it every day - the rest just falls where it may. Unless you have a medical issue with sugar, I do not think it matters if it fit in your calories for the day
  • appygirl84
    Options
    Thank you all. I am trying to cut out the processed foods.

And you are right, sometimes I eat something and think really there is sugar in that?!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I don't track it at all; I don't see a reason to. I make sure I hit my protein and fat macros first, and the carbs fill in what's leftover.