Looking to lose 100 lbs

Options
Hello everyone. Hope your day is going well. I'm here because I needed a community to join that'll help me stay motivated to lose weight and live a healthier life. I'm an Army vet with PTSD and went to food and beer to help me with my problems. By me staying in the house all the time and not wanting to be around others, I didn't care about my appearance and the weight I gained. Well I decided that i'm not going to let PTSD stop me from being happy and living a healthy life. I got professional help and am now back in school working on my bachelors in computer science. Now that my head is right, I decided it's time for me to work on the weight I've gained. Don't really have a support system so feel free to add me and share your stories with me. We all have the same goal and i'm here to support anyone who needs my support.

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    hey. welcome. good job of taking control, recognizing getting help is powerful, and working on bettering yourself. My advice, fwiw, read everything, you will soon be able to separate the wisdom on the boards from the nonsense. Get a food scale, weigh everything! and log everything! Ge a HRM. Find exercise(s) you enjoy. Don't over do it, and by it, i mean everything. At 100 pounds to lose, you can probably eat more than you initially think. Best of luck. Tons of people have had success here, you can too.
  • Sheks41191
    Sheks41191 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    First of all, thank you for your service Veteran - it is appreciated - and we recognise that for many it comes with a heavy price to pay.

Glad your head is in the right place and you are making so many positive changes.

I'll add you - I am logging every day and I do the best I can to comment not like posts.