Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Bye!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    @singingflutelady They got me to take the B12 shots, too. I was eating plenty of B12 and had no absorption issues at the time. Extra $20 for them.
    @senecarr have you had any heart or circulatory issues since you stopped PhenFen?? My mom took those as well.
    @choppie70 ED? I probably sound stupid, but erectile dysfunction?
    @heatherhb2016 Just be careful with those. I gained all the weight and more back after stopping them. Make sure you're focusing on lifestyle changes during this period. Looking at your diary, if you are still eating all the sugar and the things that caused you to get to this point, use the time on the Phen to get all that on track before it is time to stop. Best!

No issues that I know of, but the my understanding is that anyone who ever took it is at elevated risk of heart problems for a lifetime. A bit like remission - I can just say I haven't had any issue show up in X years, so it seems less likely each year.
  • jlnoble513
    jlnoble513 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    About 3 years ago I was on the phentermine and had lost 30lbs in 4 months. I stopped taking it because the weightloss Clonic was inconvenient to get to and i don't like driving Down interstate 75 with all the construction in the winter. I was not addicted obviously if TRAFFIC was my reason for stopping.

The pill helped me, it kept me focused. While on the pill I didn't constantly think about food like I do now. But as soon as I stopped, old habits came right back. I gained 50lb in a very short time.

I've been on MFP for almost a year cleaning up my eating, exercising more. I've Lost 55lbs but I've been stuck around the same weight for 3 months. A weightloss clinic just opened up by my house so I've been debating going back to the pill just to help me continue my weightloss journey but I'm a little nervous. when I stop taking the pil, will I automatically revert back to eating again and undo all the hard work, I've done this past year???

I honestly don't know anyone who has used the pill and kept the weight off. But can I be different??? Or am I just fooling myself.
  • Jozzmenia
    Jozzmenia Posts: 252 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    choppie70 wrote: »
    I am sorry, and this is just my opinion. I am not trying to be rude, but, I can't seem to wrap my brain around a recovery counselor recommending anyone using a drug that can be addictive to obtain a goal that can be obtained successfully without the use of any "crutch". Especially for something like weight loss. Even if a person does not/has not enjoyed or has not even tried speed or any other type of drug, there is still the chance of a person becoming addicted.

Because everyone can't be as perfect at eating and working out and at calorie counting as you, sometimes they need that crutch. Just count your blessings you were born such a flawless being!
  • Jozzmenia
    Jozzmenia Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I had success on adipex short term as well. I only got off it because I knew it was bad for me but not because it wasn't working. It was a big jumpstart to eating right and working out more though.
  • Fit4LifeAR
    Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    jlnoble513 wrote: »
    About 3 years ago I was on the phentermine and had lost 30lbs in 4 months. I stopped taking it because the weightloss Clonic was inconvenient to get to and i don't like driving Down interstate 75 with all the construction in the winter. I was not addicted obviously if TRAFFIC was my reason for stopping.

The pill helped me, it kept me focused. While on the pill I didn't constantly think about food like I do now. But as soon as I stopped, old habits came right back. I gained 50lb in a very short time.

I've been on MFP for almost a year cleaning up my eating, exercising more. I've Lost 55lbs but I've been stuck around the same weight for 3 months. A weightloss clinic just opened up by my house so I've been debating going back to the pill just to help me continue my weightloss journey but I'm a little nervous. when I stop taking the pil, will I automatically revert back to eating again and undo all the hard work, I've done this past year???

I honestly don't know anyone who has used the pill and kept the weight off. But can I be different??? Or am I just fooling myself.

I have used it in the same way in the past. I gained weight over the holidays, but prior to that, I kept about 95% of the weight off. I would eventually plateau (after not being on it for months), and used the pill for a short period to jump start the weight loss again.