DASH

Anyone have any history using the DASH diet? Have read that it is voted #1 for 5 years running. I travel a lot for work and was curious if this would be a doable plan?!

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    There's a small DASH group here.

It looks very nutritious. And seems like a great structure for those who want that. Someone recently posted a thread about their experience and success.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10273628/dash-diet-explained

If I was wanting structure for travel that might be my choice, or South Beach.
    Both have a fairly strict phase 1, which can be skipped.

Good luck deciding how to approach this.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    dASH diet literally stands for dietary approaches to stop hypertension. It is a diet plan focuses on reducing high blood pressure. By itself it will not cause weightloss, nor is is designed to. You still have to be in a calorie deficit to lose weight.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    elphie754 wrote: »
    dASH diet literally stands for dietary approaches to stop hypertension. It is a diet plan focuses on reducing high blood pressure. By itself it will not cause weightloss, nor is is designed to. You still have to be in a calorie deficit to lose weight.
    Not quite, at least according to their website: http://dashdiet.org/default.asp

they say they are or have a weight loss approach.
  • joelg365
    joelg365 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks. Have been doing low-carb diet for the past year or so. Lost about 50 lbs. Thought about changing it up to reduce some percentage of fat.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited January 2016
    joelg365 wrote: »
    Thanks. Have been doing low-carb diet for the past year or so. Lost about 50 lbs. Thought about changing it up to reduce some percentage of fat.

Give South Beach phase 2 a look. If you've been low carb, SB would be more carbs, and a bit lower fat.