Loose skin exercises? Do stomach wraps work??

Options
Hey guys!

So I know there was just a post about loose/saggy skin after weight loss. I also share that fear, and wanted to ask if anyone has any specific exercises/products they recommend to target the stomach area and tone while I lose. I have seen those stomach wraps around and want to know if anyone has actually tried them, worth it? Any home remedies are also appreciated!! Of course the benefits of a healthy lifestyle outweigh appearance, but if possible I would like to also look good after all the hard work! Thanks!!

Replies

• pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Wraps dont work....never have done never will do.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    No they do not work.

Sagging skin is determined by losing at a sustainable rate, genetics, amount of time you were overweight, and skin elasticity. Aside from surgery, there's not much you can do. Some have found that lifting weights aid in shaping it if there isn't much, and some people see skin bounce back in a year or two of maintenance.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    No they do not work.

Sagging skin is determined by losing at a sustainable rate, genetics, amount of time you were overweight, and skin elasticity. Aside from surgery, there's not much you can do. Some have found that lifting weights aid in shaping it if there isn't much, and some people see skin bounce back in a year or two of maintenance.

This. But I'm quoting to re-iterate that you should NOT waste your money on wraps. At best, the results last an hour or two because you shifted some water. At worst, you shouldn't be putting that much pressure on your internal organs.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    You are young, you have a really good chance at skin "snapping" back naturally. But you do have to give it time.

What Vespiquenn says is correct.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Exercising works on fitness and your muscles. No exercise "tightens" skin. Skin mass isn't affected by any topicals, wraps, massages, etc. If you have loose skin after 2 years, the choices are acceptance or surgery.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png