2»

Replies

• knk121
    knk121 Posts: 26
    Options
    1016681_270580763084017_580392454_n.jpg

7eba6cbb0ea0f5ced4e49c845644cb82.jpg

8314a0930675dcd28385ee4c0bdc831c.jpg

If you're losing inches then you are doing everything right my dear! Just keep doing what you're doing and stop worrying about the number on the scale!! I personally take progress pics and measure myself in order to figure out how I'm doing. The scale is a mean mean liar lol.

This. Is. Awesome.
  • lyzee88
    lyzee88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    excercise is good. but diet will lose you the most weight. instead of just calorie counting, try cutting out sugar. it s amazing what happens! i have lost almost forty lbs by cutting out sugar and wheat. eat lean meat and veggies. even limit fruits due to their sugars for the first week. you will see the lbs fall off.
    good luck!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'd forget about the scale. I'd even take the emphasis away from getting smaller. I focus on getting fitter and being happier, without the emphasis being on body fat. Especially given your history of ED. If you can feel happy and healthy without this being connected to your weight or size, then you're onto a winner. And I bet that everything else will fall into place.
  • unFATuated
    unFATuated Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    But I do wonder if I am eating back too many exercise calories, or if the machines in the gym/the numbers on MFP are overestimating how many calories I burn during exercise.

Get yourself a heart rate monitor which has a chest strap and calorie counting function. Don't go by the machines in the gym or the MFP numbers. Neither of them have any clue how hard you are actually working.
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    After 77 pounds of weight loss I've been stuck for over a year. I've found that I can no longer move the scales with extra exercise. I can move them by lowering my food intake. So for a year I have been up 5, down 5, up 5 down 5.
  • knk121
    knk121 Posts: 26
    Options

Get yourself a heart rate monitor which has a chest strap and calorie counting function. Don't go by the machines in the gym or the MFP numbers. Neither of them have any clue how hard you are actually working.

Thanks! I've been wondering about whether I should do this. Do you have any suggestions for a good heart rate monitor that isn't super expensive?
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options

Thanks! I've been wondering about whether I should do this. Do you have any suggestions for a good heart rate monitor that isn't super expensive?

I got a proform from walmart for under 50 bucks. One note though. I bought three of them, one never worked (returned), one kept running chest strap battery down too fast (kept it), another works perfect all the time. I got a more expensive proform from sports authority that has a pedometer. it was 99 bucks. works great but the walmart one was just as good.