Name a star you've met or touched, just for fun.

Options
spookyface
spookyface Posts: 420 Member
About 33 years ago I met Ernest Borgnine. About 46 years ago, my husband met OJ Simpson, shook his hand. YIPES!

Replies

• gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,129 Member
    Options
    I was good friends with Shirley Temple and her husband
  • Thisnameischosen
    Thisnameischosen Posts: 2,771 Member
    Options
    Dave the drummer.
  • jbuzzed
    jbuzzed Posts: 10,173 Member
    Options
    Shania Twain, Tom Cochrane and defenceman Ray Bourque
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,619 Member
    Options
    Phillip Schofield and Gordon the Gopher. Also, Big Daddy and Giant Haystack - was to young to remember, though.
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    Ryan Gosling and Johnny Knoxville
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Living in LA, I've ran in to quite a few. But as for people I actually had significant interaction with....

I sat next to the band LMFAO at a concert one time.

Pharrell Williams - I met him at a donut shop one time and hugged him :joy: And then I met him again on the set of The Voice a couple weeks later, and he remembered my name (haha :tongue:)

Everyone on the show The Voice - My friend works on the show. And I go to tapings a lot.

Bruno Mars (also when he performed on The Voice)

I'm not really one of those people who go crazy about celebs. They're just normal people. :joy: But I guess it is a good talking point.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Chatted with Don Knotts at baggage claim after flying to New York from LAX.

Exchanged embarrassing condom buying stories with Mariette Hartley (of Polaroid fame)
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing everyone. Pretty cool.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I once had a long conversation with my favorite childhood author, John R. Erickson (of Hank the Cowdog fame) at a book event. After the event, my parents had somehow convinced him to come to our outdoor blanket on the grass and hang out with his biggest fan, which was especially meaningful because:
    1. It was close to my birthday,
    2. I was going through a particularly rough patch in my health, and
    3. Now that I think about it, his work doesn't come out that often anymore.
    As you can imagine, I was star struck! Talk about knocking something huge off my bucket list (you know, just in case I could've easily kicked the bucket due to the health issue on my plate at the time).
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    a few years ago I saw 30 Seconds to Mars live, and Jared Leto went walking through the audience and I turned around and he was RIGHT THERE! reached out and touched him on his sexy sexy ribs and arm. yum.

oh I also met the original singer for Jakalope, who is super adorable and lovely, and she signed my boob for me :D
  • dervari
    dervari Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Madonna held my hand for about 30 seconds while she was singing La Isla Bonita on her True Blue tour.

Have shaken hands with many celebs in college as part of my side hobby as a freelance photographer.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Elvis Presley April 1977, 4 months before he died.
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Julia Roberts she wasn't very nice.
  • zakum1
    zakum1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Flew from London to Newark with Al Gore after he was no longer VP. No security service.

Went to school with Mel Harris of Thirtysomething. She was pretty foxy and most felt she would be successful. She has been married 7 times. I don't call that successful
  • jlisa24
    jlisa24 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Bands- Coheed and Cambria, Dredg, Deadsy, old school - O-Town, LFO, Korn, Blood Brothers

Hockey - Kopitar, Selanne, Bobby Ryan, Getzlaf, Perry, Perros

Basketball - Kobe, Trevor Azria

Baseball - Jason Vargas, Vladimir Gurrero

Designers - Michael Kors, Tehari

Several actors here and there. It's easy when you live in Southern California...
  • motterotter
    motterotter Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I once met James Watson ( the dna watson ) i was grinning like a fool for weeks
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I have a huge long list of musicians, but I'll go with a few film people to start
    John Candy, Eugene Levy, Catherine Ohara, (in fact most of the second city tv crowd) they used to drink at a pub I worked in while they wrote
    Brad Pitt and Angelina - I worked at a Film Fest hotel my office was on the dock and everyone dodging paparazzi passed through my office (it's a long list they are the biggest along with George Clooney)
    And my favourite from the music side is Joe Strummer, I loved near him in London in 76 we'd see each other at the pub, years later back in Toronto we spent a few hours talking music politics and art over a few pints in a deserted pub just the two of us and the bartender who was a friend (and a jukebox full of good singles we had loaded ourselves)
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Met:
    Jay Gordon. (leadsinger of Orgy).
    Christopher Hall. (leadsinger of Stabbing Westward, now leadsinger of The Dreaming).
    Johnny Haro. (drummer for The Dreaming).
    Jeff Hardy. (ex-WWE wrestler, now TNA wrestler, got to meet him, talk to him & gave him a drawing I did. He literally gives the best hugs & he's beyond handsome in person!).
    RVD. (WWE/TNA wrestler).
    Martin Kelly. (ex bassist for The Dreaming).
    Ross Lynch. (Austin & Ally & R5 singer/guitarist.)
    Davey Suicide. (lead vocalist of Davey Suicide).

Got close to:
    Dean Ambrose. (WWE wrestler).
    Roman Reigns. (WWE wrestler).
    Sheamus. (WWE wrestler, he waved to me after an event).

I'm sure there's others I'm forgetting unfortunately.
  • number33x
    number33x Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Felissa Rose
    Jeffrey Combs
    Bill Moseley
    Linda Blair
    Tony Todd
    Scout Taylor-Compton
    Lloyd Kaufman
    Ken Foree
    Joe Lynch
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    When I was 10 I got Jesse Ventura (when governor of MN) and Trent Tucker's autographs at a basketball game.

Tony Hawk at a skateshop opening when I was a teenager. He was really nice.

Might have been able to meet that band Yellowcard in high school when a girl won some competition and they came to play at my school. I skipped their show to go skateboarding. No regrets. :tongue:

Met Lindsey Stirling briefly after a show. She was a total sweetheart. I missed my chance to go 7 brides for 7 brothers on her... but she did have some beefy security.

Also rode an escalator behind Ricky Rubio going into an NFL game and one of my friends got a picture with him. He gave off a very sad vibe so I didn't want to bother him.