Binge eaters or recovering binge eaters

Options
Want to support each other?

I struggled with awful binge eating for 2 years. I overcame it with a technique I found in a book and have lost 25lbs since May. I had a slip-up today and it was a big reminder of how bad things used to be, so I figured I'd post in here and try to connect with some people who have had the same problem.

Replies

• doublewhopper
    doublewhopper Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    how bad of a binge out was it? I think we all have had serious binges.
  • JessiLynnFit
    JessiLynnFit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It wasn't a big deal at all just a reminder.
  • GetInLoser
    GetInLoser Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm recovering from binge eating. Don't let your slip up put you down! We all do it sometimes
  • davidsmith301
    davidsmith301 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    We all slip up sometimes. It's getting back up that matters.
  • crystalpoo22
    crystalpoo22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It happens to me with chocolate :s feel free to add me !
  • beanjilly4
    beanjilly4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What technique helped you?

I struggled with awful binge eating for 2 years. I overcame it with a technique I found in a book and have lost 25lbs since May. I had a slip-up today and it was a big reminder of how bad things used to be, so I figured I'd post in here and try to connect with some people who have had the same problem.

• JessiLynnFit
    Options
    The book is "Brain Over Binge" by Kathryn Hansen and the technique used in the book is called AVRT. Look it up on YouTube... also the book you can download online through Barnes and Noble.
    beanjilly4 wrote: »

beanjilly4 wrote: »

• jcturbo
    jcturbo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Don't buy junk food :). It's that simple. If you stock your house with healthy stuff like fruit, veggies, and lean meats you can't binge on crap.
    Start thinking of food as fuel. Which it is. If it's not benefiting your body in some way then it doesn't belong in your body or your house! :)
  • allieparkia
    allieparkia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am guilty of binging, but it's always a struggle...
  • mariagaro1986
    mariagaro1986 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Here I am! I had a great healthy day yesterday, I had prepared my meals and everything was weighted to the gram, balanced and nutritious..and after dinner I grabbed the Nutella jar and lost my brain :( It is true that the best way would be not to have junk food at home, but I don't live alone, so I cannot completely control this..But the problem is really in the brain: while I was eating I heard an inner voice telling me to stop..but I ignored it! I think sugar really qualifies as a drug, and I am addicted to it o.O
  • WishfulThinking0
    WishfulThinking0 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I find dealing with the emotions after slipping up is the hardest part :neutral:
  • 29coffeelover
    29coffeelover Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    God will heal us from this amen !
  • PhatBeats
    PhatBeats Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't really binge eat on purpose! I've heard of this book titled "Mindless Eating" where we eat simply out of habit. During every single break time in school, I would eat because I'm used to doing so. When I'm watching a movie/show/YouTube video, I would eat because I'm used to doing so too. It's been hard to consciously stop munching on something during those times but I've been making great progress!

Does anyone else have this thing where once they open a bag of chips or something, you feel the urge to finish the whole thing?
  • JessiLynnFit
    Options
    I'm going to check out that book thanks.
  • briggsykim
    briggsykim Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You can add me too
  • abdefender
    abdefender Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    it's something i have to keep on top of and battle the urge.
    feel free to add