Pepsi addict

Options
How do I get over my Pepsi addiction? I feel like I need to live. I know that sound weird but it's a true addiction I have. Any ideas?

Replies

• SoleilxStitch
    SoleilxStitch Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I had an orange lucozade addiction, drank 1-2 litres a day, and I gave it up cold turkey and had withdrawals for months, headaches shakes, foul moods , extreme fatigue. I would say either just reduce it slowly or go hard and just cut it whilst thinking of the plus points. Sorry that probably isn't much help
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Try drinking diet pepsi or pepsi max instead?

Or if you really think it's a problem, try cutting it out cold turkey. You may experience caffeine withdrawal headaches but they go away in a few days.

When I first began in 2013 I cut out soda cold turkey and drank just water. And then 6 months later I re-introduced soda in the form of diet/zero calorie soda. I actually prefer it now. Regular soda is now way too sweet for me.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Most of the dietician's I've talked to said if you like Pepsi, try drinking Diet Coke. They didn't like me drinking soda's, but if I'm going to, it needs to be something like a diet drink. Try to drink more water if you can. Soon enough, you'll start wanting water more. But meanwhile - switch to a diet drink. Personally, I like Diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper.
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I;m a diet drink addict (I use the term loosely). I have a stash in my closet along with my quest bars. I keep all things precious to me in my closet :P
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Pepsi max. Tastes like the real thing to me as opposed to the Diet Pepsi but is still zero cals

Ugh for some reason pepsi max is so hard to find where I live, otherwise love it.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Water. I was drinking 2 to 3 Pepsi s a day and once I upped my water intake, the cravings went away. I now have one Pepsi every 2 weeks or so. I needed to keep Tylenol on hand those first few days without though because of headaches.
  • kmcgr4762
    kmcgr4762 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 2-4 diet Pepsi's a day until Jan 4th. Now I only drink water and I use Mio for taste 1-2 times a day. After the first week it got much easier.
  • bcjaw
    bcjaw Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Former soda addict here. I Checked into a 3 day detox then followed up with treatment. I thought I would never make it through, but I did. I attend a weekly 12 step meeting where I have formed a fellowship with other soda addicts. I also have a sponsor. If you are unable to stop I highly recommend trying this method.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I had to quit cold turkey vs bringing it down slowly. Replaced with Crystal Light. The cold turkey was to break the mental habit/addiction. After 3 months I can reintroduce it but will only go out and buy single servings, I won't keep it in the house.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Pepsi max. Tastes like the real thing to me as opposed to the Diet Pepsi but is still zero cals
    It is super hard to find Pepsi Max here. I used be able to find single bottles next to Diet Pepsi and regular Pepsi. :disappointed:

Crystal Light, MIO, and the like (Hawaiian Punch sells some for a dollar!) are pretty good too.