Shakeology Replacement?

Options
2»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Michael, I'm not slamming for the cost, necessarily. I just have whey protein at home already and was hoping someone had previously experimented to find if a scoop of chocolate whey, for instance, could replace a scoop of chocolate shakeology in terms of taste and texture. Would rather use what I already buy than go out and buy new things :)

Don't bother, you'd be wasting your money on Snakeoilogy. It's a poor-quality protein powder with a bunch of bogus "supplements" added in which do nothing to improve your health or weight loss, and costs considerably more than a good quality whey/casein protein powder. All their advertising hype about "superfoods", etc., is just that - hype. None of which is supported by scientific studies.

If you want a thicker texture, try a casein or whey/casein protein powder. I use Trutein and when mixed with nonfat milk it makes a nice thick, creamy shake. Dymatize Elite Gourmet (which is another whey/casein blend) is similar in taste/texture, although I like Trutein a bit better.
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Big-Train-Mocha-Frappe-Single/dp/B006AAKYKK/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1456421042&sr=8-1&keywords=big+train+fit+frappe

Big Train Fit Frappe. They have a mocha and a vanilla latte. I suck at eating in the morning's and this is my go to. 10 Grams of Protein in a quarter cup. I either mix it with water in my blender cup over ice, or add it to my coffee..... Love this stuff.