I'm new, six month pre op

I am just starting my journey. I had my consult and they agreed to do a sleeve. I'm not as heavy as most but struggle with my weight up n down for most my adult life. My BMI is 38.8 and it could go up or down. I was approved because I currently have a gastric ballon in me but that is not working as I had hoped. I lost 10 pounds and my BMI was around 40z I do not recommend the ballon. Paid cash for it and it's a waste of money. I'm an emotional eater and if u r also then it's not worth it.
I'm now on the six month wait. Saw a nutritionist and I'm working with her. I was scared to lose too much being in borderline but she said not to worry they will not change their minds even if I lose. But I still worry. Has anyone else had the same thoughts? I know I will need to do the liquid diet before

Replies

• BeelzLPL
    BeelzLPL Posts: 51 Member
    Welcome.
    The liquid diet will be to shrink your fatty liver and will be for 6-8 weeks.

Excellent you are seeing the nutritionist before hand as they can help you develop different ways of dealing with your emotional eating. Like all the bariatric surgery, it's not a 'fix me quick' option, rather it's a tool to help you. You still have to watch the types of food you eat, the quantity and of course, you have to exercise.

Feel free to chat more if you like. I am 13months post bypass so have an understanding of how you are feeling and to a certain extent, what lies ahead.