Fat macros

Options
I'm trying to hit the fat percentage and finding it difficult. 2 many years programmed to eat low fat foods. anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions how to up my fat in my diet?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Avoid anything with low fat, lean, light, skimmed or diet in its name. Eat nuts, seeds, avocados. Choose the fattier option. Don't eat chicken breast.
  • sfriel68
    sfriel68 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I find this so difficult lol . Do you drink full fat milk?
  • sndrd49
    sndrd49 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Or cook the chicken breast with olive oil
  • sfriel68
    Options
    sndrd49 wrote: »

I got olive oil yesterday. I always use spray oil for cooking. This will be very new to me
  • yarwell
    Options

nah, just forget it. You're not going to get that much oil with the chicken and 76% of the calories will still be from protein according to http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/poultry-products/702/2
  • yarwell
    Options
    sfriel68 wrote: »

don't drink milk but use a fair bit of cream (50% fat) and greek yoghurt (10% fat)
  • sndrd49
    Options
    No, don't forget the olive oil. It is a really healthy fat, reduces cholesterol instead of raising it. Avacado and nuts will get you to your fat goal very quickly.
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter or whole nuts, full fat dressing on your salads, some cheese!
  • yarwell
    Options
    No, don't forget the olive oil. It is a really healthy fat, reduces cholesterol instead of raising it. Avacado and nuts will get you to your fat goal very quickly.

it was the chicken I was forgetting.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Olive oil
    Peanut butter
    Almonds (raw)
    Beef
    Salmon
    2% milk instead of skim
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I don't drink whole milk but you can move up from skim if you are using it. Higher fat yogurt is actually amazing. Add some cheese to a meal. Nuts/nut butters, whole eggs, salmon, etc.

I don't have trouble getting fat in at all.
  • tcs1991ts
    tcs1991ts Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much fat you are going for. Eggs are high in healthy fat....four whole eggs is close to 16g of healthy fat. One serving of peanut butter is 17g of healthy fat. I suggest coconut oil over olive oil. Plus what is your fat goal? Do you have a specific amount of grams you are shooting for?
  • sfriel68
    Options
    tcs1991ts wrote: »
    Depends on how much fat you are going for. Eggs are high in healthy fat....four whole eggs is close to 16g of healthy fat. One serving of peanut butter is 17g of healthy fat. I suggest coconut oil over olive oil. Plus what is your fat goal? Do you have a specific amount of grams you are shooting for?

My macros r set for 30% fat but I'm only reaching 14 to 16% . Yesterday my goal was 12th I only reached 33g
  • sfriel68
    Options
    tcs1991ts wrote: »

My macros r set for 30% fat but I'm only reaching 14 to 16% . Yesterday my goal was 127g I only reached 33g

• sndrd49
    Options
    Try adding a handful of nuts or some nut butter and half an avacado. Your fat intake is weirdly low.......are you hitting yor calories? Your body needs fat and calories in order to burn fat and calories.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I hit mine with a little olive oil, avocado, dark chocolate, maybe a cut of not so lean meat, cookies, ice cream
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Cheese is good for raising fat. Add it to veggies or meat. Butter your veggies or steak. Add mayo to more foods. Use full fat instead of fat free - yogurt is notorious for having fat free and just adding in sugars for taste. Eat fattier nuts like macadamia nuts, walnuts, pecans or almonds. Add seeds to side dishes.

If you want sweet fats, google fat bombs. My favourite is 1 cup melted coconut oil, 1/2 cup peanut butter, vanilla and about 24 drops of stevia, and 3 Tbs of cocoa. Pour it into two ice cube trays. Tastes like Reese's pieces without any sugar.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options

I don't drink whole milk but you can move up from skim if you are using it. Higher fat yogurt is actually amazing. Add some cheese to a meal. Nuts/nut butters, whole eggs, salmon, etc.

I don't have trouble getting fat in at all.

Ya, full fat yogurt is really good.
  • sfriel68
    Options
    Try adding a handful of nuts or some nut butter and half an avacado. Your fat intake is weirdly low.......are you hitting yor calories? Your body needs fat and calories in order to burn fat and calories.

I have programmed myself to eat low fat, everything I have is light or lighter than light . I am trying to change this
  • sndrd49
    Options
    It's hard to accept that fat is good for you. We all got brainwashed that all fat is bad. That was a myth and a marketing campaign. Try it for a week. Fat in yogurt, nuts etc. See tell result on the scale. It's one week.....just try it. :)