Lean in 15 (the body coach)

Options
I have brought the recipe book for ideas just wondered if anyone on here is following the plan or using the book???

Replies

• KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Most people using MFP go by the CICO method (Calories in< Calories out), and dont follow any specific plans or books. Really all you need for weight loss is a deficit, but how you choose to get there is up to you :) I'm not familiar with lean in 15, are you logging your calories or just sticking to the plan? What does the plan involve?
    If you find this book and its recipes help then go for it! But it may be worth considering logging your calories alongside it, if you're not doing so already, to ensure you get the results you want :)
  • chezzabelle82
    chezzabelle82 Posts: 302 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yeah I do log alongside it just to make sure I don't go over, it's all about eating the right food (no processed etc...) and eating carbs after training and doing hiit for training (4/5 30min sessions a week).
    I didn't know if people used plans/books on here as well as logging that's why I posted :/
    Thank you for replying though
  • cmorrice1
    cmorrice1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, I bought the book yesterday and started today. I am not going to log my food as following the recipes and weighing everything should be enough. I am also logging on Instigram @londongirl86 if you want to follow me. Always good to go at it with people! Good luck though.
  • WeaverMission
    WeaverMission Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I bought the book the other week - last week I made 4 meals from the book - this week Ive totally meal planned around it and Im kicking in my exercise this week as well. Italian Stallion Sausages and the terayaki Salmon and courgette noodles were winners in my house last week.
    Good Luck!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do log alongside it just to make sure I don't go over, it's all about eating the right food (no processed etc...) and eating carbs after training and doing hiit for training (4/5 30min sessions a week).
    I didn't know if people used plans/books on here as well as logging that's why I posted :/

Carbs after training is elite athlete / bodybuilding arena and I would doubt would make any significant difference to someone new on weight loss

• chezzabelle82
    Options
    So it's not just me then lol
    I am poorly at the moment so my food choices were bad today (got takeaway pizza as I felt too ill to cook), but once I am better I will be back on it again :)

Really rabbit I never knew that, I guess I will just have to see if it makes a difference with me :/:/:/
  • fsweeney81
    fsweeney81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Carbs after training is elite athlete / bodybuilding arena and I would doubt would make any significant difference to someone new on weight loss

Not sure I agree with this? Unless you are on a low carb diet then at some point in the day you will usually eat carbs. Therefore it makes no difference if you eat all these carbs directly after working out or spread out through your days meals. The other two meals eaten on a training day are low carb and mainly consist of protein and veggies so I don't think it will make a significance difference to calorie intake.

I don't think eating carbs post workout is just for elite athletes as my understanding is that its just a quick way to restore glycogen levels and aid recovery. This can probably help people who are new to weight loss and exercise.
  • maria0104
    maria0104 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've seen him online (he has a large following on social media) I'm not sure where you are from in the world but he's a really big new personality in fitness over here and his book became an instant bestseller.

I have the book purely for the low carb recipes and they're pretty good. From what I have seen of people who have used these methods they seem to have had good success- on Instagram he posts peoples progress pictures- but I am actually not that sure how it would work out in the long run. He does advocate online the occasional splurge meal and basically not to restrict yourself too much, but I do think most of the initial fat loss is from being really restrictive with your diet. Basically anything that is not homemade is out, as is most caffeine etc (I basically run on coffee so not for me!)

Just to clarify for the actual plan, is a 90 day program before he then has another program which is more life-long I think and just for people who are sustaining weight (I don't know how this sustaining program works at all.)

Phase one involves HIIT training/cardio and carbs only after exercise
    Phase two involves weight training and HIIT/cardio and carbs every meal
    Phase three involves weight training and HIIT and carbs after exercise only as in phase one.

To be fair I have seen the results and think they are good, but for me personally it wouldn't be sustainable.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    fsweeney81 wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Not sure I agree with this? Unless you are on a low carb diet then at some point in the day you will usually eat carbs. Therefore it makes no difference if you eat all these carbs directly after working out or spread out through your days meals. The other two meals eaten on a training day are low carb and mainly consist of protein and veggies so I don't think it will make a significance difference to calorie intake.

I don't think eating carbs post workout is just for elite athletes as my understanding is that its just a quick way to restore glycogen levels and aid recovery. This can probably help people who are new to weight loss and exercise.

I'm not sure I understand what you're disagreeing with to be honest.

I don't think for most people there is a significant difference in carb timing, the marginal difference would only be noticed by those elite athletes because they are already in excellent form.

There is much to be said for ensuring you have adequate protein for cell repair but again timing is irrelevant. I suppose I'm merely questioning the whole macro concept for weight loss .. it's a hook that sells a book that has some basis in research in certain subsets

if it helps you stick to your defecit go for it though - I don't specifically have an issue with it but as a guideline for the general population it's a little OTT
  • SaresMansell
    SaresMansell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have been using the recipes in this book alongside logging for the last week and I'm starting to really panic about whether I will continue to lose weight or not.
    It is a brilliant book and means that I haven't eaten anything processed for a week but I'm worried it might be people looking to trim down rather than lose a lot of weight.
    :s so confused!!
  • chezzabelle82
    Options
    I have been using the recipes in this book alongside logging for the last week and I'm starting to really panic about whether I will continue to lose weight or not.
    It is a brilliant book and means that I haven't eaten anything processed for a week but I'm worried it might be people looking to trim down rather than lose a lot of weight.
    :s so confused!!

I am in the same boat I have been doing breakfast, lunch and dinner but now I feel like I have lost anything so might switch back to counting Cals :/