Utterly lewd but it made me laugh...

Options
BunnyBomb
BunnyBomb Posts: 143 Member
edited January 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
So I've had a FitBit CHarge HR since a little before Christmas. As some people will know, the FitBit HR is quite clever and detects exercise. Not all exercise mind you, sometimes it categorises things wrongly, but you get the idea. I have mine set to detect exercise after 10 minutes of continues activity.

Without going into detail...I realised early on wearing the FitBit HR that it detects some exercises I didn't intend it to. Now we're all adults here, but lets just say my BF and I had quite a laugh when one evening it said I'd been cycling and burned 126 calories at 10:30 at night :smiley:

Since then it's been a bit of a running joke "hey Bunny, want to burn 126 calories? ;) " - yes yes...typical man he is lol.

But last week the joke became slightly more intriguing...

My friends and I were having a good laugh about this a few nights ago and one of them didn't believe me. She went on to say her FitBit HR had never done that to her. We were all puzzled. I literally got my phone out and showed her, along with the heart rate spikes. She showed me a corresponding evening of choice and... no heart rate spikes.

So why was my heart rate spiking and not hers? It's rather simple actually - after discussing all the possible whys and wherefores, and a few more wines, she admitted to... not achieving the same degree of... genuine... ahem ...on second thought I really wish I'd thought this through before starting this sentence :blush:

So in conclusion, ladies and gents, it seems there is now a way of catching a girl out if she's not being genuine! Perhaps beware the man who buys you a FitBit and asks you to wear it at all times hahaha!

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Amusing ...but don't eat them back if you'll excuse the phrasing

Because that's not a real calorie conversion
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    yeah...... shes not doing it right ;)

sucks to be her :P

and him too, i imagine LOL

regardless, dont eat them back (iknow, wasnt part of your statement just making sure anyone else who comes along doesnt get any great ideas ;) ) lolol
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Haha! I'm such a data nerd I would be comparing the heart rate graphs for different evenings if I was you (if I had a Charge, and a boyfriend).

A work friend with a Flex admitted he had to start wearing his on his other hand because he was getting a very generous step credit for enjoying a bit of 'alone time'.
  • BunnyBomb
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    Haha! I'm such a data nerd I would be comparing the heart rate graphs for different evenings if I was you (if I had a Charge, and a boyfriend).

A work friend with a Flex admitted he had to start wearing his on his other hand because he was getting a very generous step credit for enjoying a bit of 'alone time'.
    lmao that's hilarious!
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options

ROFL!!!!

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I almost didn't come in this thread. So glad I did :).
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I almost didn't come in this thread. So glad I did :).

I hesitated for a second, but who am I kidding! :laugh:
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I would think you'd burn more being the person on top, eh?
  • BunnyBomb
    Options
    I would think you'd burn more being the person on top, eh?

I should think so yes! Though I suppose the point is your heart rate still spikes at that crucial moment no matter what position you're in...making it rather easy to detect those being less than honest ;)
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    ROFL!
    Shhhhh! My husband might hear you and I need my sleep! ;)
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Be cautious, mattress firmness can affect step count, as well as calorie burn.

And now every single guy will want to know his girlfriends Fitbit access info before the relationship develops. Data comparisons to previous men will take place, feelings will be hurt, and relationships will end before they start.

But the heart rate spike is funny. Altitude and amplitude matter! :)
  • evab25
    evab25 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, so funny!! And now I plan to check mine to see if it...registers, lol!! I just got my flex and I LOVE it!!
  • BunnyBomb
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »

And now every single guy will want to know his girlfriends Fitbit access info before the relationship develops. Data comparisons to previous men will take place, feelings will be hurt, and relationships will end before they start.

Oh god lol! I hadn't thought of that!
  • GUARDiAN_GUiLD
    GUARDiAN_GUiLD Posts: 163 Member
    Options

:D:D:D:D

• GUARDiAN_GUiLD
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »

I dunno. It's like e-mails and whatnot. If it's not a serious "relationship" or whatever, and she even offers you her password (trick by the way so you'll feel obligated to give yours to her as well so she can SNOOP into your sh***, just say no, or cover your ears and be like "La! La! La! La! La! I don't wanna know! La! La! La! La!"
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    59044624.jpg
  • GUARDiAN_GUiLD
    edited January 2016
    Options
    59044624.jpg

:D:D

Is the caloric burn count accurate? You know, I may have found a use for that thing, if I could only find it.

But yeah, the Fitbit would be great too as well. :(