Staying Strong!

Options
Hi friends!

At this point, many of us (who started around the start of the new year) have been going for around 3 weeks now. I have been feeling so good physically and emotionally because of the changes and eating better! I never realized how many areas in life can be affected when you decide to eat better. :) what are you all experiencing as you have made these lifestyle changes have started?

Also, those of you who have been doing this for much longer, what are some things that helped keep you going when the initial push was fading and things got harder?

I am more determined than ever, but know that it will get hard to keep this up at times. Thank you so much for your help!!

Also, I am always looking for more MFP buddies to help support each other so feel free to add me! :) you all are great!!

Replies

• cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I've been here for 6mos now, and it's truly a great place and a huge help. Best advice I can give is to find a nice group of friends whom you have things in common with. It's great to be able to check in with each other daily and cheer each other on. Next would be to do lots of reading in the forums as there's a lot of knowledge and motivation to be drawn from. The success forum is amazing.

It does get harder as the newness wears off, but if you keep at it, you'll soon see the scale moving, inches coming off, clothes being looser, energy increasing. All great stuff! The longer you keep at it, the better it gets. Motivation tends to ebb and flow for everyone, but if you stay focused and consistent.....choose to power through the rough patches....you'll have no trouble achieving your goals.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I honestly haven't run into too many issues (at a 281 day streak). I did find myself naturally slip into eating close to maintenance at one point towards the end of the year and I just took it as a natural cue to take a "diet break" and restarted properly in the new year. I only stopped logging for 4 days though during that period over the Christmas weekend.

I think it's making sure you have a routine, whether that's pre-logging, logging right before you eat, having a set workout schedule etc. Make room for treats and learn how to fit in life events in a way that works for you, whether it be knowingly eating at maintenance for that day or banking calories to allow for a splurge.

And progress photos! When I think I'm not making progress because the scale is lying or I just can't get a good visual on myself, I take a photo and do a side by side collage. Every single time I do this there is progress clearly to be seen.