Food diary help?

Options
I'm in need of some guidance here....
I recently changed my goal from eating at 1/2 lb weight loss a week to 1 lb weight loss a week. Today is day 3 of that plan.

Yesterday I went over cals due to not being active enough. So, today I WAS active enough, now I'm not really hungry and am pretty under my calorie goal for the day (including exercise cals).

So, do I just not worry about how much I am under for today due to overeating yesterday? It all evens out in the end?
Someone told me that as long as they are under for the WEEK, they don't worry about it....?

Care to take a look at my journal and offer some suggestions?
Also, Please feel free to offer any advice on eating better, although I DO know I need to work on my protein intake ;)

Thanks so much!

Replies

• 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't worry too much :smile: Give it a little more time to see whether you are under eating on multiple days. There are days where I am much hungrier than others, but I'm not going to eat just because I haven't met my calorie goal. If you find that you are regularly eating under, try to add in some high calorie substitutions (I.e., eating a whole hard boiled egg instead of just the white or adding cheese to your meal).
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't worry too much :smile: Give it a little more time to see whether you are under eating on multiple days. There are days where I am much hungrier than others, but I'm not going to eat just because I haven't met my calorie goal. If you find that you are regularly eating under, try to add in some high calorie substitutions (I.e., eating a whole hard boiled egg instead of just the white or adding cheese to your meal).

Even while at a 1/2 lb weight loss calorie deficit, I was still under my calorie goals for the day. So, I thought if I switched to 1lb weight loss a week, Id be eating at my goal. ....which based on today that when I exercise, I don't eat at my goal. :/

Thank you for the reply. :D
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Just another thought...how do you have your settings for exercise? Is it accurately reflected? When I first joined MfP, I set my exercise goal to 3/wk but found that I was working out 6/wk. I had to go in an adjust my settings, which also modified my calories.
  • pittbullgirl
    Options
    Just another thought...how do you have your settings for exercise? Is it accurately reflected? When I first joined MfP, I set my exercise goal to 3/wk but found that I was working out 6/wk. I had to go in an adjust my settings, which also modified my calories.

I wear a Body Media Core which accurately (within 90-94% accuracy) tells me how many calories I'm burning daily :)
  • pittbullgirl
    Options
    Bump for advice on food diary :)
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    yes it's the weekly deficit that matters. if you have the phone app, this is easy to see.

i prefer the tdee method. all your activity is already included, and it makes logging more simple.
  • pittbullgirl
    Options
    yes it's the weekly deficit that matters. if you have the phone app, this is easy to see.

i prefer the tdee method. all your activity is already included, and it makes logging more simple.

I do have the phone app but I have a Windows Phone and it appears the same as it does on the computer.
    Where does it show you your weekly calorie deficit?
  • itsallmebaby
    itsallmebaby Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Here is what I personally try to do. Plan my food intake for the calories I've allotted for the day. If I do get to work out, then enjoy an extra snack for whatever. I don't plan to have my added exercise calories in there because life does happen. I'm not saying to NOT schedule workouts, but as far as planning goes, I plan my meals w/o those calories even in there. :happy: