Do you log your meds?

Options
So I never thought about medicine or supplements having calories until a friend told me she logged her meds on MFP. I checked my cold meds and realized it did have some calories. I hadn't thought about logging supplements and now that I do I am starting to get a better idea of my nutritional intake for my day. It's not about just rememberIng to take my vitamins but also logging them. Here's another little thing MFP is helping to open my eyes.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Options
    If it's something I take every day then it's not going to sway your loss since you consume those calories every day. I don't count vitamins. If my cold is bad enough that I need a cold medicine I'm probably not logging, but if I were to take Nyquil or Dayquil for some reason I would log it.
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    No not really. I use meds for asthma which don't have nutritional values on the packaging, I use birth control, same thing...the only meds I use that have the info are my multivitamin. 1.5 calories per tablet...not enough to make a difference. :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have my vitamins saved as a recipe and log them because they are about 60 calories a day.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    Options
    i log the vitamins and supplements i take (really, its how i know i actually TOOK them lolol) - my multivitamins are 15 cals i think. but for privacy reasons wouldn't log any prescriptions.
  • goodwifey82
    goodwifey82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Really?
    I've noticed nutritional info on throat lozenges before and it did make me think who is actually bothered about the calorie value of these things.
    I take lifelong meds for epilepsy but I wouldn't log them. I wouldn't log an ibuprofen or any cold meds either.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    No.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I log my vitamins, but wouldn't be bothered to log cold or flu medicine.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Nyquil has enough calories so I log it. It is mostly alcohol.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I log supplements mostly so I remember to take them. My knees get really grumpy when I don't take the joint combo. I don't log my Ibuprofen and I have not been on any other meds in years. I don't think I would log them though.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I log my daily vitamins. First, because then I remember to take them. Second, I like to see that I'm hitting (or not) my daily goals for micronutrients. That may not be important to everyone, but I do like to have useful data to share with my doctors for my health condition.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I log vitamins because I track my nutrients, and I'll log things like cough drops and cough syrup because they do have calories. I don't log things like antihistamines on the rare occasions that I take them.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I know the caloric and carb values of my supplements, but I don't log them. I can't stop taking them, so I just mentally say "work off another 55 calories" instead of logging that mess every day.