One dream down two more to go.

Options
beachgypsy2015
beachgypsy2015 Posts: 11 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone my name is Rachael. I sat down a few years ago and made a follow my dreams list. On it I listed three major goals. 1. Move south to the beach where its warmer. 2. buy a live aboard sailboat and learn to sail and travel the world. 3. Get down to my goal weight of 100-110 pounds (I am very short). Two years ago My fiance and I after lots of planning packed up and moved to Florida's Emerald Coast and snagged an apt across the street from the beach. This was a huge move for us as we grew up in a little farm town in northern Indiana and we had never been far from our families or home. It was one of the best moves we ever made and we have been so much happier! Thats one dream down and two to go.

Being on the coast has encouraged me to get going on my other goal to loose weigh.t I want to have more energy and of course I want to be healthier and look better. Just in the two years I have been here I have lost some weight as I am much more active down here then I was up north. I have discovered I LOVE snorkeling and do that for hours 3 quarters of the year. I also have developed a love of hiking, kayaking, and paddle boarding. I have never been the sporty type but Florida seems to bring it out in me and I want to get serious so I can do these things with out getting winded or struggling.

As for the sailboat we have been saving and plan of making that a reality fall of 2016. I feel like everything I have worked hard for is falling into place finally. I am becoming more confident and ridiculously happy on the inside. I have all these ambitions and drive to get out and have lots of adventures but I need to get my body on the same page so it can keep up. Does anyone out there have any dreams they are working on? Feel free to friend me as I would love encouragement and advice and promise to be encouraging of others in return. Have a great day everyone!

Replies

• e_elizb
    e_elizb Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making your dreams come true! My husband and I will be going through a pretty big move in a few months and I feel like it's going to be an awesome new start for us and a good time for me to start doing some goal things of my own. Add me if you would like!
  • beachgypsy2015
    beachgypsy2015 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thats wonderful e_elizb! Good luck to you and all you are trying to accomplish. :)