Ingredients calculator!

Nonibug
Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
Does anyone know of a good site or app where you can put in all your ingredients and serving size and number of servings of a recipe ( such as a stew or casserole) and it will calculate all the calories and nutritional info per serving? Please tell me there is something out there that does this easily...thanks!!

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    This one?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/box

or on the app - menu > My recipes & foods

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    This one! The recipe builder on MFP works great for me.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    I love mfp's recipe calculator. Even better now that I can import directly from a recipe web site.
  • MyHighestPraise
    MyHighestPraise Posts: 87 Member
    I love being able to scan to add ingredients, even perimeter ingredients like fresh produce, meats, etc.
  • Nonibug
    I think that is what I'm looking for...how do you access it on here? Sorry I just came back to MFP after being gone about 4 years and so much has changed!
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Nonibug wrote: »
    I think that is what I'm looking for...how do you access it on here? Sorry I just came back to MFP after being gone about 4 years and so much has changed!

Since you may have been used to the old Food Database and its search engine (it has changed a lot), I would recommend that you start with using the Old Recipe Calculator, which is found on the Web version only by navigating to FOOD > Recipes > Old Recipe Calculator > Enter New Recipe which is on the right side of the main Recipe page.

Once you are familiar with that, you might want to try the New Recipe Importer/Add Recipe Manually feature that uses the same Food Database, but its search engine can be, how shall I put it, quite frustrating.
  • stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    Be careful to double check though. Entering a bunch of recipes last week, some things were just plain wrong.

Like below. I have no idea what kind of garlic this is, or what kind of chili powder, but damn.
    412du6ocp6yz.png
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    That garlic is killing me every time. It's the first thing to get matched up.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    That garlic is killing me every time. It's the first thing to get matched up.

Last week I put a recipe into the builder and was surprised because it was way more calories than I anticipated. But I really wanted a full serving, so I ran for an extra half hour. Got back to my computer, realized I should double-check the recipe, and yeah . . . it was that darn garlic.

• Nonibug
    CyberTone wrote: »
    Nonibug wrote: »

Since you may have been used to the old Food Database and its search engine (it has changed a lot), I would recommend that you start with using the Old Recipe Calculator, which is found on the Web version only by navigating to FOOD > Recipes > Old Recipe Calculator > Enter New Recipe which is on the right side of the main Recipe page.

Once you are familiar with that, you might want to try the New Recipe Importer/Add Recipe Manually feature that uses the same Food Database, but its search engine can be, how shall I put it, quite frustrating.

Thank you!!