PCOS Support

Anybody on here trying to lose weight with PCOS?

I'd love some friends going through this. For support, advice, and tips.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I posted this on your other thread.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3070-p-c-o-sis

no need to post multiple times, it all goes to the same place. Cheers.
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,054 Member
    I have PCOS, hypothyroid, and herniated discs. Lots of crap. Don't let it hold you back. Cutting out processed foods is what helped me the most. I had to get my hormones in balance. Your hormones are all out of whack. Processed foods are only going to exacerbate the problem. Also, try not to be afraid of fat. Fit it in your caloric allowance. Your body especially needs healthy fats like olives, coconuts, avocado, grass fed meats, etc.
    Cutting out processed foods alone is not going to help you lose the weight, though. For that, weighing everything on a food scale and logging your foods will help. If you put in the work, you'll reap the rewards.
  • Inspiring_Sara
    Inspiring_Sara Posts: 54 Member
    3AAnn3 wrote: »
    I have PCOS, hypothyroid, and herniated discs. Lots of crap. Don't let it hold you back. Cutting out processed foods is what helped me the most. I had to get my hormones in balance. Your hormones are all out of whack. Processed foods are only going to exacerbate the problem. Also, try not to be afraid of fat. Fit it in your caloric allowance. Your body especially needs healthy fats like olives, coconuts, avocado, grass fed meats, etc.
    Cutting out processed foods alone is not going to help you lose the weight, though. For that, weighing everything on a food scale and logging your foods will help. If you put in the work, you'll reap the rewards.

Thank you. have you also been working out? Can I add you?