Low Carb/Low calorie "pasta"!

Options
Megooo19
Megooo19 Posts: 199
Last night I made spaghetti squash for dinner and it was actually really good! I made a shrimp in a scampi type sauce and poored it over my "noodles" and I also made asparagus wrapped in bacon, yum.

Heres the recipe:

For the asparagus I just wrapped them in oscar mayer's natural bacon and cooked them about 15 minutes in the oven and then moved them to the broiler until the bacon was crispy. 2 spears =81 cal., 2 carbs, 6 fat, 5 protein.

For the spaghetti squash you cut it in half lengthwise and scoop out all the seeds and strings, like in a pumpkin. Then bake in the oven at about 375 degrees for an hour until the squash is soft but not too soft! Then you let it cool for a few minutes. Then take a fork and scrape the edges of the squash and all of a sudden you have all these little noodles its the coolest thing!

Then I made jumbo shrimp in a scampi sauce.

For the sauce I took I cant beleive its not butter 4tbs and mixed it in a bowl with garlic salt, minced garlic, a dash of lemon juice and some pepper. After it was all mixed together, I put my shrimp in a pan and let them defrost and then drained all the water from the pan, then I added the butter mixture let it melt and then poured it over the spaghetti squash noodles.

And your done!

=192 calories, 16 carbs, 11 fat, 11 protein

Replies

• Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    OMG that sounds good! I have never tried the squash thing for spaghetti.
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    OMG that sounds good! I have never tried the squash thing for spaghetti.
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    That sounds gorgeous ,never thought to do that with squash .
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    wow! I'm so buying a spegetti squash next time I'm at the store. Do you have any non seafood suggestions to put with it???
  • chronosfire
    Options
    I did spaghetti squash with some of the Biggest Loser New Favourite Meatballs and some low cal sauce. It was so tasty!
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    wow! I'm so buying a spegetti squash next time I'm at the store. Do you have any non seafood suggestions to put with it???

I have made turkey meatballs and put it with homemade pasta sauce and spaghetti squash before. It was yummy.
  • Megooo19
    Megooo19 Posts: 199
    Options
    I was thinking I could do like a chicken with cream sauce type thing, if you type in spagetti squash recipies on google a ton of recipies will come up.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    yes i had the spaghetti squash and it is great, you can make any pasta dish with it