I fail at night, help.

Options
So I'm always good at working out & eating right until about 4pm. My boyfriend is not trying to lose weight so he eats what he wants. I REALLY want to look smokin by summer!
I would love to challenge anyone in weight loss or exercise to keep motivated. I just need more motivation to keep going instead of starting over everyday.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    You're going to have to watch your portions if you're eating with your boyfriend at night. You can save more calories for the evening, and you can also make your own dinners.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    Save calories in the day to eat for later at night. Problem solved.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• nancycola
    nancycola Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm with you Shineylou. This has been a problem for me. It helps me to log what I'm going to eat for dinner before it happens so I don't graze mindlessly once I get home. Also try to sit and focus on your food for at least 1-3 minutes. No tv, radio, book. I'll have to remember this myself. Let me know how it goes.
  • erinrow13
    erinrow13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's several hours after dinner that gets me ! It's awful
  • b_magill
    b_magill Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I struggle with it, too. I keep a set of motivational quotes clipped to my fridge. I force myself to read them ALL before I can eat anything after dinner. Maybe that will help.
  • makaryan11
    makaryan11 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Planning goes a long way, I eat several meals a day (2-3) and snack after dinner, just measure and seperate your portion, eat slow and enjoy without guilt . It's your journey, and you are always going to have people around you eating and drinking, the only person you can control is yourself.
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    EVERY MEAL IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    dont wait for tomorrow to start fresh, do it now.
  • nancycola
    Options
    erinrow13 wrote: »
    It's several hours after dinner that gets me ! It's awful

Tea has been a big help. Or just lemon with hot water. Or water in general. Try to eat to satiety so it's not actual hunger you're fighting, just habit. I just filled my glass up right now. Stopping the munching now.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I close my diary after dinner around 6. That helps me to not keep eating. It's a mind game and closing the diary seems to help.

I might have to try that. After dinner is my weakest time of day.

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Allot your calories into your meal times, and save some for a late night snack. You may be someone that functions better on eating smaller amounts several times a day rather than just three times. Time of day has no bearing on weight loss, so if your body wants food at many times a day rather than a few, you're better off adjusting to that so you'll feel better.
  • nancycola
    Options
    I slipped this evening amigos. I was super tired, run down, long story short I ate over my allotment.

But tomorrow is another day and all that. I'll make up for it.
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I close my diary after dinner around 6. That helps me to not keep eating. It's a mind game and closing the diary seems to help.

I'm with hillbilly - I close my diary too. Weird, but it helps.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Why not just save some calories for night time snacks? This has worked out well for me. I don't eat breakfast nor snack throughout the day so I have plenty of calories for my dinner and dessert/ evening snacks. Good luck on your goals.